March Favorites| New Categories, Beauty and the Beast, and I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M WRITING ANYMORE (I am smol and have a very big fever. Send help.)

March has ended. *scuttles back into my cave* Nope.

Quick Overview
  • my brother is moving out. Like, what? He's the first to leave the nest, and frankly, I would prefer it if we could all just stay in the nest forever (we'll just expand the nest a little. Add some twigs here, a few branches there)
  • I've had waaaay too much chocolate and unhealthy things this month (which is a sentence I never thought I'd say, but here we are, feeling like a 5 yr old hyped up on sugar). I've had milk chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate mints, mint chocolate, chocolate covered strawberries, and strawberry chocolate to name a few.
  • I decided to add a few new categories to Favorites. 
  • For the first time in my life, I have actually been putting things above reading. *collective gasp* 
  • I gained a few new followers which is exciting for me and my tiny blog.
  • I have caught a cold, and so I will be writing this half delirious and sick and just UHGGG. 
  • I am almost done with math for good! That makes me very happy. I honestly have tried so hard to look at math with a good attitude, but I still just don't understand it! 
Image result for math is the worst gif
Me trying to understand math.
book
I actually don't have a book that I really liked this month. Maybe I'm getting crotchety in my old age, but I didn't find something that captured my heart and soul. The closest thing would be Vicious. It was well-written, and there was nothing technically wrong with it, but it didn't have an emotional connection that would have made it perf. And I feel awful for saying that because I MET VICTORIA SCHWAB (author of the book and overall amazing human), but I felt distanced from the story.
Still, great book. Full of science, superpowers, and sarcasm. #perfectformula
song
Image result for divide ed sheeran album

So I am officially obsessed with Ed Sheeran's new album. This whole album is fabulous and amazing, and I've listened to it at least a million times (this is fact. I have counted.). I know this isn't just one song, but I DO WHAT I WANT. *resists urge to add gif*
Note: Please do your own research/listening with caution because there is content that might be offensive to some. Good talk.

tea
Storytime: This month, we got a Stash tea (hey, Stash, wanna sponsor me? No? Fine.) pamphlet/magazine-the-size-of-a-paper-clip/informational-papers-of-some-unidentified-sort in the mail, and I glanced through it, admiring the many types of tea that I did not possess. I decided that I was bored with the normal tea that I drink i.e. green tea, blueberry, earl grey, and raspberry, but instead of buying new tea (pshh, I can't just buy things. I'm not made of money.), I rummaged in the back of our tea cupboard (when I say "rummaged", I mean "went on a full expedition". Our tea cabinet is deceptively large. Narnia ain't got nothing on it.) for the long forgotten loose tea. Lo and behold, I discovered one of my past favorites: licorice root tea. I'm pretty sure that the 60% water in my body is now 60% tea. And I am okay with that.

Image result for best tea ever gif

"Was the story really necessary?" You ask. "Couldn't you have just said that Licorice Root was your favorite?" No. No I could not have. 

blog post
Why I Write 
This post was so much fun to write! It's been pestering me to be written, and I finally -- after almost a year of it being a couple lines of draft -- wrote it. And this is how you know I am on top of blogging. Definite pro right here.

movie
Image result for beauty and the beast live action poster Image result for moana movie poster

Beauty and the Beast: Well that was fantastic. I saw it on opening day, and it was enchanting. I adore the cartoon with every fiber of my being. I will fight anyone who says it is less than perfect (just kidding, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.....even if it's wrong. #fightme). It was so very different, but still the same story that we know and love. (If you have not seen the cartoon/don't know the story, please turn back now. I am not liable for any spoilers) SPEAKING OF WHICH: You know that super fun scene where Beast is all sad that his Beauty is gone, and Angry Mob and Co. break into the castle, and Gaston gets all stabby-stabby? Well, even though I know the ending, I was on the edge of my seat because IF YOU TOUCH ONE HAIR ON BEAST'S HEAD, JERKFACE (from here on, Gaston shall be referred to as Jerkface.) I WILL PERSONALLY DROPKICK YOU OFF THE NEAREST TOWER (in case you can't tell, Beast is my fav). 

Image result for beauty and the beast gifs

Beauty and the Beast was magical and I would gladly see it again.

Moana: Fun story, the day we went to the theater to see Moana, it was all sold out and we had to see Doctor Strange instead (I mean, I'm not complaining). I don't have a lot of distinct thoughts that can be eloquently arranged to paint the picture of why I love it (give me a break, I have a fever!). I knew I was going to love it even before I saw it.
  • It's Disney.
  • The animation is gorgeous. Did you see the water?? #werk
  • Moana herself was definitely fab.
  • And Auli'i' (I spelled that right the first time with no help. You may applaud now.) Cravalho is darling. I would love to just have a Disney marathon with her. Can someone get on that? 
  • There's a really cool chicken that is super important. 
  • like,
  • this chicken is everything.
  • And of course, Lin Manuel Miranda is part of the whole thing which makes it 43% more awesome. 
  • real math
Seriously though, I've been listening to the soundtrack nonstop, and may I just say, IT IS FLAWLESS. Everything about it. Trust me. 

novel AKA what I've been pouring my soul into.
You know how I have no self control when it comes to developing novel ideas and plotting books I have no business plotting? Well, this month, I thought it would be fun if I took my lack of self-control to a whole new level. I took a baby idea that I've been mulling over in my brain and did everything but write it. What is wrong with me? I have five novels I need to edit, but I'm just going to pretend they aren't there (instead, I will be skipping hand in hand across a field of wildflowers with my perfectly plotted novel, ignoring everyone else).

Image result for i am ignoring you gif
This is my theory.
I'm lowkey debating whether or not to write it for Camp NaNo instead of editing a different book. I know that I should be "responsible" and "make wise choices" but I want to write about magical realism and Ireland, as well as mysterious aunts that aren't as simple as they seem and so much magic. Magic everywhere. Everything is solved by magic. Broken leg? Fixed by magic. Bloody nose? Magic to the rescue. Ran out of fishy crackers? HAVE MAGICAL FISHY CRACKERS.

faith
The big thing that has been rockin' my world is my NEW BIBLE (I'm a nerd. Whatchu going to do about it?). My last Bible was marked up by an 8 yr old (aka 8 yr old me), had super thin pages that had zero tolerance for even pen (if I so much as touched a pen to the page, BOOM, ink everywhere.), and was technically stolen (vaguely stolen. Don't ask). I finally got a new one with thicker pages, space on the side for notes, and a colorable cover. #perfect

Image result for it's incredible gif

I've already written so many notes, water-colored so many things, and had so much fun. I'm that person that's in the corner, and if anyone asks me to do something with them, I'll be like "But the Bible, guys!" 
Image result for the bible is awesome gif

This month has been surprisingly slow what-with me being SICK AND FEVERISH AND OVERALL VERY GRUMPY, though the first part of this month was stressful and fun and really out of the ordinary. My life is good. I'm tired. No further questions.

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. I'm sorry. :( Get better. Now. *sends Hamilton to make you feel better*
    Magic is in fact always the cure for everything! ;) And tea is pretty close up.
    NEW BIBLE! And that gif is hysterical. Where'd you find that? I'm glad you're journaling in it, I've always wanted to be able to do that, but no artistic talent like that :(
    Gotta go, trying to write for NaNo!!!
    ~Florid Sword

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am slowly but surely recovering.
      Right? Magic and tea fix everything. Actually, tea might be magic... Hmm, food for thought. XD
      That's okay, I have no artistic talent either, but I'm just having a bunch of fun with it.
      WRITE ALL THE THINGS.

      Delete
  2. EEE Tea is awesome, and so is chocolate! Math is not awesome, though, so good luck with being done with it!!

    EEp I haven't watched Beauty and the Beast or Moana (LIN MANUEL MIRANDA) yet, but I really need to!!

    Also, I'm looking for a new bible to journal in, because the one I have rn has super thin pages.

    Good luck on Camp Nano, and Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAS, all the tea and chocolate is amazing. Thanks! I'm going to need a lot of luck and maybe some pixie dust. Who knows. We'll see.

      Moana and B&B was SO GOOD. I'm excited to hear what you think.

      Yeah? I would so recommend mine. It has great margins for journaling and it's so durable. I found it on Amazon. Thin pages aren't fun.

      Thanks! Happy April (I can't believe it's April already)!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness I just saw Beauty and the Beast in theaters yesterday and IT WAS EVERYTHING. For real though, it was great. I'd seen the cartoon like once in my entire life, but WOWZA was it good in a live action version. I may or may not have cried, tbh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! That's so exciting that you saw it in theaters! Movies are more fun that way. Oh yeah, it was a great live action version. Confession: Same.

      Delete
  4. Awww! I'm sorry about your cold, that stinks. I really want to see Beauty and the Beast, unfortunately, my sisters have been sick and they would kill me if I saw it without them! I've also been putting things above reading this year, which is really weird... I remember a time when I wouldn't even put my book down to talk to my BFF and now... :'( Bittersweet and strange, finding you can change...learning you were wrong!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, being sick is no fun, but luckily I am on the road to recovery. I can relate to the sister thing because I'm pretty sure my sister would have done the same thing if I watched it without her. XD
      Isn't it strange? But I suppose things change and move to different seasons of life. Hehe, I see what you did there. ;)

      Delete
    2. Lol. But it is strange! I was hanging out with some of my friends yesterday and I realized that I hadn't thought at all about my books or my WIP since we had gotten together! In the past I always would be half listening to my friends and half daydreaming about books!!! I guess I've kinda grown out of my obsession with books, but I still LOVE them wayyyy too much!!

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I used to do the same thing. XD And there's no such thing as loving books TOO much. ;D

      Delete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS! This was an incredibly fun post to read, like it made me smile and laugh and feel for ya and all that jazz. Great job, you write as if we were having a face to face conversation, and I love it when people write like that.
    First, sorry your sick! Poor you!
    Also, I know! Don't you wish your family could stay together!?! I have seven siblings and only two of us live at home, and my sibling that does live at home leaves all the time to have adventures of her own! So I understand.
    Oh gosh, yes! I agree with your math gif so much.
    I actually enjoyed your story of tea, although I must say, that flavor sounds incredibly un-appetizing to me, but to each his (or her) own.
    I saw both Beauty and the Beast and Moana. I must say that I liked most of BatB, but I didn't appricate the controversial twist they added at all. But overall I liked it, and I thought 'Jerkface' did a great job for his role, he was evil and egotistical and despisable. I thought Moana's soundtrack was a little annoying at parts, but I also understand why you would like it.
    Oh that sounds like a lovely Bible! And that last gif, hahah!
    Hope you feel better, thanks for entertaining me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! That's really sweet of you to say. :D
      Yeah, it would be nice if everyone could stay home. I'm still getting adjusted to the quiet (because he was the loud one in the family, always humming or singing), and it's very strange.
      Haha, I don't blame you. For a while I thought that licorice was a gross flavor, but then something changed and all of a sudden I loved it. XD
      Yay1 You've seen both! And I do agree that that "twist" wasn't one that I would have added, but I'm glad that it wasn't overpowering to the whole movie. Jerkface did indeed do a great job (BUT HE HURT BEAST. SO SHAME ON HIM). His voice is incredible.
      Confession: There is one song on the Moana soundtrack that I'm not a huge fan of, and I can see how someone might not "click" with the soundtrack.
      I do feel much better already, and I'm glad I could entertain. :)

      Delete
  6. We just saw Beauty and the Beast yesterday, and while I have a few problems with Belle's wardrobe (#costumerproblems), I thought it was a fantastic film! I've never been a fan of this particular story, so I was surprised at how much I actually liked this version.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! I was really curious about how historically accurate the costumes would be, but since I have little to no knowledge about those sorts of things, I wasn't able to pinpoint anything. I would be interested to hear your issues with it.

      Thanks! I am feeling much better. Almost all healthy.

      Delete
  7. I hope you get better!

    Glad that you're attending to your new story idea?

    Ed Sheeran's album is pretty interesting but for flip's sake can people please stop playing Shape of You everywhere? Stahp.

    So much chocolate *mind blown*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I love the story idea, and plotting it was so fun, but goodness gracious, it does add to the pile of things to do. XD

      *slowly pauses Shape Of You* Yeah, it's totally overplayed.

      ALL THE CHOCOLATE. Life is good.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)