Hamilton Tag| My Favorite Song + I Just Love Hamilton SO Much

I love Hamilton. 

I love blogging.

Hamilton + blogging = a perfect world. 

I was tagged by Kayla Marie to do the Hamilton tag! The blogging gods have smiled upon me this day. Let's go. 

How did you discover Hamilton?
I saw a couple mentions of it here and there in the blogosphere, and I was kind of curious, but also I am very picky about musicals. I proceeded to ignore it until finally, a friend was like "YOU HAVE TO LISTEN." and I was like "WHY ARE YOU YELLING ABOUT IT?" Then I listened to it and my life was changed. At first, I literally had no idea what was happening, and I was bored, but then I listened to it again just because, and I WAS HOOKED. 
Who is your favorite character?
Well that's a simple question. - said no one ever.

I LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS IN DIFFERENT WAYS. 


- Alexander - 
Image result for alexander hamilton musical

*deep breath* Boi... He is his own worst enemy, and that fascinates me (in the way that watching a bird fly into a window repeatedly would fascinate me. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES, you foolish fowl). He was his own downfall. 

- Eliza - 
Image result for hamilton musical eliza

Eliza is simply the most pure, precious human in the world, and I wish that I could protect her from all the bad things in the world. I wish I could give her a hug (I know she's from the 1800s and technically "not alive", but I would still like to wrap her in a blanket and possibly some bubble-wrap...). 

- Angelica - 
Image result for angelica schuyler hamilton

Giiiirl, you keep being amazing. Angelica is so sacrificial for Eliza, and she's my fav big sis (sorry, Bethany).  The line "I love my sister more than anything in this life, I will choose her happiness over mine every time" GETS ME EVERY TIME. 

Image result for why am I so emotional gif
What’s your absolute favorite song?
Oh good, I'm glad that you're asking questions like this. It kind of reminds me of that question: "What's your favorite book?" or "Who is your favorite child?"

I've been listening to The Schuyler Sisters, Non-Stop, and The World Was Wide Enough.
I honestly can't pick a favorite (I know, I'm one of those people) because every time I re-listen to the music, I find something new about each song that I love.

How I Listen To Music:
  1. Find a song that catches my fancy (because the standards are sooo high).
  2. Listen to said song.
  3. Listen again.
  4. again.
  5. AGAIN
  6. Listen to it until I've heard it enough times that it has started playing in my dreams.
  7. aaand maybe one more time for good measure.
  8. That's enough times because now I can't stand it.
  9. Ooo, new song. 
  10. Repeat steps 1-8
So as you can see, finding an absolute favorite is difficult for me. 
Music wise, which is better, Act I or Act II?
Pshh, I don't know. 

I like Act I because I know every word to it, and it's happy!
I like Act II because FAST RAPPING and also heartbreaking stuff is fun, too. Lots of death. Betrayal. Sadness. You know, the good stuff. 

Okay, I have officially decided that Act II is my favorite. There's always something going on because we can count on good ol' Alex to mess something up. 


Image result for emotional rollercoaster gif
What’s your dream role?
Image result for king george gifs
Obvi King George... Who else?
What’s your favorite quote?

 "There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait."
This line inspires me to write all the things and be super productive and never give up on my dreams!! 
Describe what Hamilton means to you using only 3 words.
Inspiring cautionary tale.
or
Idiot with pen.

Image result for truth gif
Who do you consider your “Hamilton Buddy” (someone who you can ramble, fangirl, or sing Hamilton with)? 
I don't think I really have one specific buddy. I have quite a few friends who have all been dragged down into the musical addiction listened to Hamilton, and we talk about it at times. Shoutout to Lilly though. Without her I would never have listened to this great musical. I would have thrown away my shot.
How has Hamilton impacted your life?
I mean, every day I rap about our founding fathers... So that's a pretty big impact.

Now to get all serious (I know it's not as fun, but shh, it's a part of life): Hamilton constantly reminds me of how little time we have to make a difference and to do all that we can. Death doesn't discriminate (YES I'M USING A DIRECT QUOTE. WHATCHA GONNA DO 'BOUT IT). Hamilton never fails to remind me of how much potential people have, but how easy it is to get sidetracked and waste that potential. Listen up, kids, this is applicable to your life (there's gonna be some major wisdom here, right about....now): DON'T WASTE YOUR GOSH-DARN POTENTIAL! #wiseadviceiswise

Image result for wisdom gif
What is the best thing about Hamilton?
Um, how about all of it? Yeah, definitely all of it. 

(I'm not quite sure of the rules, but I'm assuming I'm supposed to tag people for this thing, right?) 

Well this is awkward because I actually don't really know bloggers who love Hamilton. But I will try my hardest. 
and YOU!! (because I can't think of anyone else) If you have a blog, love Hamilton, and are dying to be tagged for something, here is the solution. Go forth, Do the thing. 


Have you listened to Hamilton? If you have: what's your favorite song? If you haven't: what's wrong with you?? (kidding, you live your life any way you want to) What have you been listening to recently?

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. LAURA OH MY GOODNESS. You tagged me, right? *reads bottom of post* Okay, good. I'll admit that when I first got here I didn't even read the post before checking to see if you made a way for me to be tagged on this. AND YOU DID. MY LIFE IS COMPLETE. *flails obsessively for about five years*
    Ahem.
    So, I will be doing this tag, like, today.
    I love Hamilton. Like, so much. And my only friend who does lives about a thousand miles from me and doesn't text much so... :'( I'M ON MY OWN (awesome! wow!)
    I am always singing Hamilton and listening to it and it's making my family crazy. Like, a couple of days ago, my mom had gone away and when she called my sister I was singing, "Never gon' be president now" at the top of my lungs. It was actually really embarrassing, for whatever reason.
    BUT YES I AM A HAMILFAN. Like a million times over. In case you hadn't figured that out.
    Okay, I'll stop talking now. BUT I AM DOING THIS TAG IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE SO CHECK MY BLOG FOR IT.
    thefloridsword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! If I had known you were such a Hamilfan, I would have tagged you directly (clearly I haven't been paying attention). The next time anything Hamilton related comes my way, I'll be like "I KNOW WHO WOULD LOVE THIS." and send it your way. ;D

      Delete
  2. Laura. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS. I just did this tag over on my blog (you tagged me, right? JK) so... If you want someone else to talk to/ fangirl obsessively with, I'm open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! And yes, yes I did tag you. I'm excited to see your answers. :D

      Delete
  3. DUDE I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. And I have no idea what my favorite song is because there are sooo many great ones. King George never fails to make me laugh, My Shot and Non-Stop are extremely motivational, I feel like I'm on top of the world when I rap Satisfied + Guns and Ships... also the Cabinet battles. Basically the whole musical. xD

    Thanks for the tag! This was awesome to read. :D

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How would one go about picking a favorite? There's too many amazing ones. And YAAS, rapping Satisfied and Guns and Ships is so fun. I love Jefferson's(?) really fast part in Washington By Your Side. IT'S SO FUN TO RAP.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)

Popular Posts