Be Still

"And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them:and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger." 
The world seems so much quieter to me on Christmas. We've been waiting for the parents to wake up so we can go downstairs and open the gifts sitting under the tree.


It's a beautiful morning, even if there is no snow where we are. The world is coated in a thin layer of ice and frost. I can pretend there's snow. 

It's still a little bit misty and dark outside. I brought in one of the younger rabbits to hold while we were waiting, and he's quite interested in the tree. 


With our tree all lit up and our mugs of tea waiting for us on the coffee table, I can't help but think about how blessed I am, how truly blessed I am. 

We're going to be seeing The Force Awakens in just a couple hours, and I am really excited. Our movie tradition started when An Unexpected Journey came out four years ago (wow, four years already?), from there we finished the Hobbit trilogy and are now moving on to Star Wars.

I'm still praying for snow, and I'm still amazed by our Christmas tree. This is the second year we've had one, yet it still feels new. 


Merry Christmas to everyone, may yours be filled with joy, laughter, and lots of love. 
I sound like a Christmas card. 

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. Merry Christmas, Laura! I hope you have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, so far it's been wonderful. :)

      Delete
  2. GOSH YOUR WRITING STYLE IS SO CONCISE AND WONDERFUL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)