The Nightmare Before Christmas Thoughts.

This was originally supposed to be a Halloween post, but I kind of forgot, so here it is...not Halloween. It could be for Christmas, but who's willing to wait that long? Not me.

Okay, this is actually my first time seeing this movie, so I have had no time to prepare any opinions or understandings or deep philosophical life outlooks based on this movie. This should be interesting.
I am also freaked out by claymation. Let's get started.                                                    

Okay, we start out with rhyming narration. Wait, does this whole movie take place in rhyme? Oh gosh, please say it isn't so.

I'm gonna have this song stuck in my head all day, aren't I? "This is Halloween, this is Halloween."
Wow, this movie is dark already what with pumpkins being impaled by metal spikes.

Holy cow!! Everything here is terrifying and creepy and hideously proportioned. "I am the clown with the tear-away face." WOW. My life will be different after seeing this movie, that's fo sho.

Then Jack Skellington emerges from the weird, green goo like a florescent-green nightmare. He walks by a monster jazz band. That's funny.  For being so weird, this movie is dramatic and oddly entertaining...though the claymation is freaky. "And because I am dead, I can take off my head, to recite shakespearean quotations." 

OHMIGOSH!!! HE JUST BROKE OFF A RIB!!! To play fetch with his ghost dog, he broke off a rib, and this isn't the first time by what he said! Wow, Jack is hardcore. 

The animation in this must have taken so much work. "There's children throwing snowballs instead of throwing heads." How messed up is this movie??? 

And now he's in their room??? He's walking through their room. If this movie doesn't scream pervert then I don't know what does. 
Oh, I just googled it, and it was directed by Tim Burton. That would certainly explain...everything. 

This movie calls to attention the peculiarities of Christmas. 
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
This movie is so creepy!! Why did it ever happen?? Though it is done really well.

Ignore the 'Get it together, L's.' This was the only picture I could find.
This is terrifying. She flung herself out a window, and her limbs came off. That is some messed up stuff right there though the claymation is really on point. 

All Jack's songs are super creepy and sound like a villain's origin song or something; for example, he put Christmas lights on an electric chair. 

Now there's this delightful song about all the different ways to kill Santa Claus, including drowning, burying alive, beating him with a stick, and chopping him up. This is almost as bad as Coraline. 

Jack scares children into obeying him. This is so creepy. They're beheading dolls and making rat hats. 

So the boogeyman is a gambler? That seems odd, but at least he has a really cool evil lair. I wouldn't mind having a lair that glowed in the dark. 

Now they're getting the military involved. "Look Zero, searchlights." And Jack just got shot down!! Oh no, it's okay, he can come back to life because he's not even really alive.

He's saving Christmas and fighting giant cowboy dolls trying to shoot him. That sentence sounded a lot less weird in my head. 

The Boogeyman is actually made up of bugs and burlap. Wow, childhood ruined. The Boogeyman was always made up of shadows and bad dreams. He fed on fear and fables. You know, Pitch from Rise of the Guardians is exactly what my idea of the Boogeyman was. 

Sally and Jack are having a little duet. Their romance seems a little sudden, especially on Jack's part. Sally had a bit of an infatuation with him if you ask me. 

Aaand the movie is over. Wow. That was...scarring, entertaining, and creepy. I am surprised that it made it to the big screens.

Anywho, thanks for bearing with me. 
Toodlepip

Comments

  1. How am I just finding out about your blog??! Haha I have not seen this movie and based off of this I probably won't ever see it LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Save yourself!!! Never see this movie, :)
      ...Yeah, I guess I have a blog. XD

      Delete
  2. I am continually astonished at how many people like this movie. And love it. It completely weirds me out too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! Not to mention it's claymation. XD And claymation is what nightmares are made out of.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)

Popular Posts