The Two Towers Thoughts

The Two Towers is in my top three favorite LOTR movies.


I don't think I could pick a favorite out of the LOTR movies, so I only have a top three.

Let's talk about some of the characters. 

He''s adorable.
Gollum. . I honestly feel bad for him, because his fate could have been so different. I don't know why, but I find him so lovable, even though he's supposed to be bad. It's weird. My entire family (except me) find him gross and despicable, but I'm sympathizing and 'Aww"-ing. Especially when they first go to the black gate. He's obviously scarred and traumatized by his time there, and I truly pity him.

Legolas.

You really see his character's development in this one. He is protective of Gimli upon their first encounter of Rohan, whereas before, he wouldn't have been so quick to draw his bow to save the life of a dwarf. And is it just me, or does his hair get more fabulous with each movie?

Eowyn.

She is so mournfully beautiful. Her every moment is graceful. She reminds me of ghost (in the best way possible). She's so kind, but deadly as well.
Shieldmaiden of Rohan
She isn't afraid of war, but she doesn't glorify it. She can take charge easily. Overall she's a great character. Too often female characters are one of two things: Girly, helpless, and shallow, or tough and emotionless, but Eowyn is a good mix of both of those.

Faramir.

I had all but forgotten about Faramir. Faramir is a natural leader: He's smart, collected, and cool under pressure. He's willing to listen, and he's understanding. I'm starting to see why *cough cough* someone likes him so much. He's so noble! 

The journey to Mordor is daunting and eerie. Most stories boast of difficult quests, but don't deliver. This quest was just as dangerous and awful as everyone said it would be. 

So that was a nice change.
Okay, once again, I have to say, the soundtrack is amazing. I just can't get over it. I seriously have a problem. :)
The sets are amazing, and the special effects are pretty awesome.

Some of my favorite quotes were: 
"There's some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for." 

"Those are the stories that stay with us."

I had forgotten how much I love these movies.
Toodlepip
_________________________________________________________________________________
Don't miss out on how the journey began.

Comments

Popular Posts