Top Ten Favorite Screen Characters Tag

Well, I think the title says it all. I would like to thank Alina for tagging me, but I think she took all the good characters. Oh well, I'll see what I can drum up.

First off, from my favorite Disney movie ever made.
                                                              Jim Hawkins
                                                   
James Hawkins is one of my favorite characters of all time. To some degree I can relate to him. He wanted to fix what he had done, and he was brave and noble in the end. He's funny, sarcastic, and adventurous, not to mention that he was technically my first fictional crush. I mean, who can blame me.
I think that all of us most of us can relate to this.

And since we're talking about Treasure Planet, I have to mention the wonderful Long John Silver.  
                                                         
I mean, just look at that. He's a big softie. A lot of people don't like him because he supposedly betrayed Jim, but honestly, that's not the case. Okay fine, he did betray Jim, but when he got on that ship, he didn't expect to meet a young boy who needed a father to spark a little remorse and compassion in himself. He didn't want that. It's not like he wanted to abandon Jim or anything like that. I mean, he even asked Jim to come along with him in the end, but Jim declined because he knew that wouldn't be the right thing. Silver genuinely cared about Jimbo, and he was overall a great character. I like my heroes flawed, and my villains kind. I know that seems oxymoron, but that's what I love. As well as psychopaths. I'm truly a sucker for a good psychopath. And speaking of that, here's my next choice. 

Loki
You didn't expect me to ignore Loki, now did you?
Loki is a complex character who is portrayed brilliantly by Tom Hiddleson. I could write so much on him, but I will keep it to a minimum.  
Loki of Asgard is one of my favorites because he is a good villain. He feels remorse, regret, love, and compassion just like any other, but because of his anger and feeling of betrayal, he chooses to ignore those emotions. Plus, one can not just ignore his wit and humor that I enjoy.
Ahh, so much sass. 

Hermione Granger
She's such a strong character. She's smart, witty, and emotionally strong, yet she does cry and feel dumb or not enough at times. She's a very real character. I think that girls should know that they can be smart and strong without giving up anything. Plus, she's just epic. 
Sure, she was bossy at times, but that's what made her such a good character, her flaws. 

Now on to another know-it-all.

Sherlock
Of course you expected this. At first, Sherlock is a bit of dandy prat. He has no regard for people or how they feel, and he doesn't really care for a lot of people. But as John enters his life, he changes. I love a good guy who doesn't know he's good, but ends up being the best, if that made any sense. He's a brilliant character, though he sometimes makes horrendous mistakes. 
But he has a good heart, and he now cares about people. He's just so fun to watch. I mean, when he's "cluing for looks" it's fascinating, and when he's being human, it's extremely touching. 

Merlin
Just look at that smile. You know you love him. When I first started this TV show, I was slightly weirded out by everything, but as the series continued, I became fiercely attached to the wacky characters. Merlin is so long suffering with Arthur, and in the end they are the best of friends. He changes Arthur as a man and as a king, and Arthur changes him. I think that because of his magic, he's a lot of fun to follow. It gets him into situations that are so hilarious and sometimes extremely dangerous that you can't help but love it. He cares about other people and is willing to endanger himself for others. I think that he has a strong, compassionate personality that is very valuable. And he's  just so darned awkward. Uhg, I miss this show.

Hub
I have a soft spot for make-shift father figures in the hero's life. Hub was exactly what Walter needed.
He's so gruff and curmudgeonly, but you really get to see a kind side to him. I love this movie so much that I had to add him to the list. He's also a really cool old man. 
Not to mention,
The bar fight. That was hilarious to see how well Hub handled himself. Overall, he is a wonderful character.

 Rocket
He's just so much fun. He's a greedy, sarcastic, and hardened little dude, but he does have good heart. More than anything, this one is about him just being a blast to watch. I mean, that machine gun scene was epic. And you can't help but feel sorry for the little dude because of his hinted past (being experimented on). He was just plain awesome.

Bilbo
Ta da!! Here he is. I relate to him the most I think. He wants adventure, but he also loves his comfort zone, and it took a little push from Gandalf to realize how much he wanted to go.
And I love how he is so very kind, but also can kill when need be. That is the person that I strive to be, not that I plan on killing people. I swear, Bilbo Baggins is exactly like me.
I mean, just look at that face. That is me.
Anywho, nuff said.

Baymax
He's just so darned adorable. How can you not love him? As well as being incredibly sweet and sacrificial for a robot, he is completely ridiculous and hilarious without meaning to be.

Wow, the majority of people on here are guys. It's time for another girl.
Gogo Tomago
She is my spirit animal. That is all. I mean, out of all the super-suits that everyone had, I would choose her's. I love her dry wit. Ach, she is epic. And she can drive like a mad woman, like a really awesome mad woman. She's like Hiro's big sister in my mind. 
And I know that's ten, but I have to include just one more. Sorry, can't help myself.

Mother Gothel
Mother Gothel is (in my opinion) one of the best Disney villains ever. There's a quote that always comes to mind when I think of her, "The best way to keep someone in prison is to never let them know they're in one." I mean, not only did she do a brilliant job of keeping Rapunzel up in the tower for a long time, but she also employed the use of one of the most powerful human emotions. Fear. If that's not genius, then I don't know what is. Her plan, while evil and life ruining, was a good plan. The only problem was that Rapunzel had marvelous character development and wasn't afraid anymore. Plus, that musical number of "Mother Knows Best" was awesome. I find myself singing it at random times during the day.

Just look at her. She's so dramatic. I love her character. And she had perfect motivations, a wonderful plan, and killer henchmen, so yeah, I just had to mention her.

Welp, I think that wraps this up. Those are my Top Ten Eleven Favorite Screen Characters. 

I tag Rosie.
I tag Honor.

I don't know enough bloggers. And all the ones that I do know, already tagged me. 

Have fun. 
Toodlepip

Comments

  1. Isn't this an epic tag?;)

    Loki is great. The end. And Sherlock…and Bilbo…and Hub…and Baymax…and everyone else…you picked some great ones:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I actually almost tagged you, but then I saw that you had already done it.
      Thanks! This really is a fun tag. :)

      Delete
  2. I love Hub McCann!!!! That movie is just plain good fun. The bar fight is hilarious. :-) "He's just a dumb kid, Hub. Don't kill him."

    I just found your blog, and so far I'm really liking it! :-)

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Isn't that movie awesome. It makes me cry at the end every time.

      Aww, thanks!

      Delete
  3. Hey, great choices! Somewhat surprised the Doctor didn't make the list though. Did it come between Sherlock and you just had to pick? I need answers here. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I added the Doctor to this list, it would have been a mile long. He brings so much to the table that it would have been impossible for me to sum it all up in one post. If I had to choose between the Doctor and Sherlock, I would pick the Doctor. I mean, all of space and time, or London? I think that ones pretty clear.

      Delete
  4. I agree with you, Mother Gothel is a one of the best disney villains. Ahhhhh I love Hub too! He's so funny and sweet! :D And of course, Jim Hawkins. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah. I'm glad that I got to do this tag. It was a lot of fun to see what characters really stuck with me. I think that Jim Hawkins was the easiest one to think of. He is from one of my favorite movies after-all.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)