Peter Pan Obsession

Recently I've had a major Peter Pan obsession. It might have something to do with the fact that I finally got around to watching the 2003 adaptation of Peter Pan, and hugely with the fact that I just saw the Pan trailer about two minutes ago. I looked up when the Peter Pan movie was made because I felt obligated to specify that I wasn't talking about the Disney cartoon one, and while I thoroughly enjoy that one, that's a post for another day. While I was scrolling through Google results, trying to find the right one, I stumbled upon a little, wonderful thing that said Pan (2015). Of course I clicked on it because I am curios and slightly completely obsessed with Peter Pan after-all. You have to watch it.

Anywho, back to what I was saying. When I saw the 2003 movie, I loved it. It inspired me to re-watch the charming Disney cartoon. That in turn drew up some old memories of childhood longing. As a young(er) child, I spent many a late night sitting on our deck, gazing up at the stars, and wishing that Peter Pan would come swooping down from the sky with a gleam in his eye, and he would invite me to fly with him to Neverland. Of course that never happened, otherwise I wouldn't be here, but I hoped it would. To some degree, I still hope it does because honestly, I will always believe in Peter Pan.
                                                           
I don't quite know why Peter Pan has captured my fancy so much, but sometimes, when the sky is clear and the stars are bright, I sometimes catch myself looking out the window and wishing with all my might that I might visit Neverland. I've had dreams about it more times that I can count. I would hang out with the Lost Boys and become a Lost Girl because as long as there are windows, stars, or tales of Neverland, I will never stop waiting for the boy who never grew up.

There it is, you now know all about my one dream that has never died and never will secret obsession. In case you can't tell, I'm a real fan of these things here. They're so much fun!

Anywho, I say all this to end with a grand announcement. I've wanted to write a Peter Pan retelling for a long time, and most of it has been just speculation and gathering images, but I finally constructed a plot outline, and I will be writing it. I am truly delighted to have the chance to not only write about the world that has always been just out of reach, but I also get to make myself a part of it. 
                             
Toodlepip

Comments

Popular Posts