Sunshine Blogger Tag| My Favorite Genre, Cooking Skills, + WHO IS TOM #realtalk

Let me paint you a picture: I click Publish on my hiatus announcement post, then I pop over to Meanwhile, In Rivendell to read the latest post. Lo and behold, I was tagged. 

I am here to fulfill said tag (don't want to be thrown out of the Blogging Association, and I have an obsession with tags). Thank you so much to Olivia for tagging me! 



Is there a particular fictional genre to which you keep returning? (i.e. period drama, action, fantasy, etc.)
It didn't even take me a second to think of the answer. Fantasy is ma jam. It just has so much more than all the others, though I do think that sci-fi is a close second. In everything that I read, write, watch, and talk about, fantasy is #1. The definition of fantasy is something that is produced by the imagination (so technically, wouldn't all fiction be considered fantasy? Hmm, food for thought). 
There are so many possibilities. 

Image result for imagination gif

Fantasy -- really good, dragon-filled fantasy -- is all that I live for. If I haven't read soul-feeding fantasy in a while, I start to get grumpy. For me, fantasy is like a vitamin. It is essential. 
(To be honest, I hadn't realized how greatly I adore fantasy until answering this question. Everything makes so much more sense now)

What type of toothpaste do you use? ('Cause I'm weird like that.)
Tom's of Maine (I'm not actually sure if it's "Toms" or "Tom's". Because one way, it's like an army of people named Tom run the company. But if it's "Tom's" then that's declaring that "Tom is of Maine" which no one really cares about. Who is Tom? Why does he matter? No offense, Tom, I'm sure you're a great guy, but who let you name the business??). 

In general -- can be for yourself or for others or for both -- do you prefer straight, curly, or wavy hair?
I like either straight hair or really curly hair. I have had the curse of hair that is indecisive. Yes, I myself am indecisive, so I know where my hair gets it from, but I expected more from my hair. I'm very disappointed in it. It likes to be not quite straight and not quite curly, but this really awkward in-between where it's kind of frizzy, but also not??? I don't even know. 

Do you like musicals?
Image result for laughing gif

Image result for laughing gif

*ahem* Yes. Yes, I do. 

What is your third favorite season?
Of what TV show? 

(Jerry, hush, I am trying to read all the questions. Wait, what? It means of the weather? Like...the outside? .....I see. Thank you, Jerry, you may go)

Haha, what a fun little joke I was playing earlier. Of course I knew what the question was really asking (oh, hush Jerry). 
I would say that fall is my third favorite season. Now, I change my mind every day on that, but today, the order is: winter, summer, fall, spring. 

Image result for seasons of the year gif
Aren't these the coolest?
Jewelry -- yea or nay?
Meh. It depends on how I'm feeling. I have a few pieces of jewelry that I do wear, but for the most part, I do without. I don't have my ears pierced (not for any reason, just because I'm too lazy to take care of them), I don't wear any rings or bracelets. I will wear a necklace sometimes, though. 

Have you seen any of the live-action remakes of the classic Disney movies (MaleficentCinderellaAlice in WonderlandThe Jungle Book, etc.)?  If so, what are your thoughts on them?
Um, yes. All of them. More than once (except for The Jungle Book). 

I adore Maleficent and Cinderella very much. They both have a special memory attached to them (but I also think they're just fantastic movies in general). I like Alice in Wonderland. I thought it was fun, but I don't think it's a favorite, or one that I would just love to own. I wouldn't brave Black Friday for it, whereas with Cinderella, I would forgo a feast of pie and turkey just to beat away 5 year olds with an umbrella so I could take home that beloved movie (just kidding, I wouldn't give up food. Let's not be silly)  
Are you adept at cookery?
Image result for i can't cook gif
Storytime: Little Me (aka this was literally yesterday) didn't know that I had to cut potatoes in half when boiling them to make mashed potatoes (two hours later, we still had no dinner thanks to yours truly).
Image result for i can't cook gif
Actually me.
Little Me (once again, this was very recent) almost blew up someone's oven trying to simply turn it on. To say I am adept at cooking would be quite the generous statement. Most others would use words such as: catastrophe, hazard, and "stay away at all costs".

Image result for i can't cook gif

Is there anybody you really wish would start a blog?  
  • Emma Watson
  • Joan of Arc
  • Hermione Granger
  • God
  • BILBO BAGGINS (don't look at me like that. I know I'm a nerd. I've embraced it).
  • Legolas (because we need updates on how his hair is doing, and his hair routine, and his homemade shampoo recipes)
Image result for legolas hair gif


Do you know what your Myers-Briggs personality is?  If so, do share.
INFP. I took it three times, and all three times I got INFP. There is no doubt. 
true:
Though I'm sure not just INFPs can relate to this because these are all awesome things. 

XD IT'S TRUE:
truuuuuu
(fun fact: A.A. Milne (the author of Winnie the Pooh aka the best books ever) was INFP. As was J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. Or at least that's what I read on the internet which makes it 100% true.)

That was so fun! Now comes the hard part...

The Questions:

What do you think are the 3 best things about yourself?
Who are the 5 people that have influenced you the most (good or bad)?
How would you describe yourself (personality or appearance)?
How would a family member or friend describe you? 
What's your favorite childhood book?
Who would play you in a movie of your life?
If you could choose your own nickname, what would it be?
What TV show or movie feels like a favorite old sweater (you know what I mean. It's all cozy and familier. You get a happy little smile whenever you wear it)?
Night-owl or Morning-Human?
Which of the seven dwarves do you most relate to (this is the most important question of them all)?

I tag: Jonathan, Savannah, and Ivy Miranda

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. Ah, same! Fantasy will always be home to me! :) Dude, my reaction to the "season" question was exactly the same. I was like, "wait, what show are we talking about here?" Whoops! We are such nerds... Your cooking experiences sound exciting! As I always say (starting right now, that is) Life Is More Exciting When You Can't Cook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD That's too funny. We clearly need to get out in nature more often.

      That sounds like a great saying, and one that is especially applicable to me.

      Delete
  2. I feel like I'm one of the few bookworms whose fave genre isn't fantasy. My go to is Contemporary (I've only started to read somewhat critically in 2016 so maybe that might have contributed). Geek Girl for life!

    I'm an INFP too. Hullo! I feel that many introverts I meet online are INFPs. I can definitely relate to the no one understands me yet reveals nothing xD

    That Will Smith gif xD Did you watch that episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air? I only saw the second half xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT'S OKAY!!! I've met plenty of bookworms who don't gravitate towards fantasy and they're super awesome.

      Heeey!! I suppose that INFPs are a popular personality type? That's fun to meet people who are similar in some ways.

      I haven't seen that specific episode, but I've seen most of the series. But seriously, that gif kills me every time. XD

      Delete
  3. yay! congrats on the award!
    I do have to say that Myers-Briggs is one of my favorite things.
    I am an ISFP, though my S and N are nearly split down the middle, so I often feel like an INFP too. My little sister is an INFP as well!

    Randy Abby
    WAKE ME UP Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this was amazing. XD And yes please can God start a blog and hopefully explain the secrets of the world with gifs. I'm just saying...it would be helpful. Also you're the same type as Tolkien and Lewis!! THAT'S AWESOME!! I just looked up famous INTJs, which is me, and apparently I'm the same as Lewis Carroll!! Which I love because Alice in Wonderland IS MY LIFE.😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEES. That would be perfect. Can someone contact God about this? Thank you. *bow* I am honored to be INFP (but I'm sure being INFJ is fab, too. CONGRATS ON BEING BASICALLY TWINS WITH LEWIS CARROLL! Because this definitely means you're twins).

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, what a delightfully hilarious post! Love all the gifs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag! And I love cooking... But sometimes I am a failure at it. xD That gif describes how I feel sometimes!

    Micaiah
    www.notebooksandnovels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Cooking can be fun if one is competent. XD

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, this post was hilarious! Now I am insanely curious about the Toms (Tom's?) of Maine. THIS IS AN UNSOLVED MYSTERY THAT WILL HAUNT ME FOREVER. Also your list of people that should have a blog is ON POINT. I need those Legolas updates, yo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I am, too. WE NEED ANSWERS. I also need those blogs (especially God's) ASAP.

      Delete
  8. Ah cooking...I have been doing it for more than ten years and still have many mishaps. Some people just have the knack and some don't!
    Fund post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, some people can put ingredients together and get a chocolate chip cookie, and others put the same exact ingredients together and get soup (I am in the latter group). XD Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)