Monday, March 20, 2017

Never Stop Wondering

Sorry for the late post. I've been gone for the past couple of days, and for some reason Blogger wasn't letting me do a scheduled post. So here we are. 

I am always amazed at the world around me. There is always something new to see, something that we can learn from, something we can marvel at. One of my favorite things is finding the extraordinary in the ordinary. Take a spiderweb, spiderwebs are everywhere. They are common. Now take a spiderweb and put it in front of a sunset. The spiderweb is immediately transformed to golden thread that shines with light.

In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. 
The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. - Psalm 95:4-5
All of the beauties of the world belong to Him. He created so much for us to see, learn, and wonder at. 
 :

One of my goals in life is to see the world. All of it. I want to see every corner. I believe that it is our duty as Children of God to marvel at His creation, to recognize just how truly beautiful it is. There is so much hidden around us that we don't notice. The brilliant greens of trees leafing out, the soft smell of summer on the breeze, flowers touched by dew in the morning. 

God created life to be full of small pleasures. I don't have to leave my own backyard to find His hand. Science shows us just how complex and unrepeatable the world is. We were created to be curious and thoughtful towards life around us. Throughout my life, I'm going to keep my eyes open for the wonder all around us, because I don't want to miss a single spiderweb that is waiting for me out there. 
 :

Toodlepip

8 comments:

  1. Wow. This is so beautiful. Imagine the day when we're on the New Earth and have eternity to travel as often as we like! And there will be beauty literally everywhere because of no sin. I can't wait. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your perspective on this! It's quite poetic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Laura! I only learned to enjoy God's creation like you talk about a few years ago and it has taught me to respect Him and love Him so much more! How could I not when he creates everything to be so beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, I completely agree. There is something about seeing His creations and magnificent hand in the smallest things that can bring one closer to Him. :)

      Delete
  4. My window blinds were closed because it was too sunny outside, but after reading this, I'm opening them up wide. Such a lovely post! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for sun (just don't go blind or anything XD)!!

      It's a very sunny day where I am as well, and it is lovely.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)