Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Beautiful People: March 2017| Pizza and Ballet + RAINBOWS!!!

What time is it (no, Jerry, it's not summertime or showtime)? It's time for another episode of "LOOK AT THESE CHARACTERS. LOOK AT HOW I LOVE THEM" aka Beautiful People. 

I'm going to be ranting about the most precious darling I've ever created. 


 :
This is Melanie Marie Abeita (but imagine her with bright red streaks in her hair).

She's part of my novel: We Are (you know, the one that has literally no plot, but I adore the characters so much that I am determined to make it work). I've done a Beautiful People thingie for Lua. She and Mel are besties.

Quick Backstory: Melanie is a 17 yr old reincarnation of pure goodness. She lives with her Abuela because her parents died when she was very young. Her wardrobe is all ripped jeans and leather jackets and grungy flannels. She wears her eyeliner thick and sharp enough to kill someone, but she loves going to church with her Abuela and listening to the hymns. 

what’s their favorite book/movie/play/etc.?

Favorite book: Winnie-the-Pooh. Hands down. That was the first book she read after her parents died, and it calmed her down. She's had the same copy for 14 years.
Favorite movie: The Wizard of Oz or something Disney.
Favorite play: Romeo and Juliet. She laughs at it because she thinks the accidental death and drastically dysfunctional romance is hilarious. 

is there anything they regret doing?
She would regret not eating that piece of pizza last week...
 :

if they were sick or wounded, who would take care of them and how?
She would immediately go to her Abuela who would make her a huge bowl of soup, and force feed her gross ginger and spinach drinks. And Russo (her bae, but like, she doesn't know it yet) would bring her chocolate or something sugary (he's an idiot, but an adorable idiot, so it's okay)

is there an object they can’t bear to part with and why?
Nope. For the most part, she's pretty non-sentimental. She used to collect everything from books (a noble pursuit) to almost every grocery list her Abuela had written (a less noble pursuit, but hey, I'm not judging), but then she woke up one morning and realized that she quite literally couldn't get to her bedroom door, so she decided to purge hardcore.

what are 5 ways to win their heart (or friendship)?
  • pizza
  • if someone is pretending like she actually is hardcore
  • speaking Spanish. She gets so excited if someone knows Spanish.
  • if they own an animal of any kind
  • being kind 
Image result for i could care less about my beauty i just want pizza gif
A direct quote from Mel (probably).
describe a typical outfit for them from top to bottom.
Black. She always looks like she could be going to a funeral or a gang meeting (honestly #goals)

what’s their favorite type of weather?
RAINBOWS AND SUNSHINE! If she sees a rainbow, nothing else matters (I mean, I understand. Rainbows are important).

 :

what’s the worst fight they’ve ever been in?
She doesn't like fighting others. She'll threaten the socks off of you, but she won't throw a punch. She's too smol (literally. She's 5' 2")!!  Naw, if she wanted someone beat up, she would ask Belle (Belle is the boxing friend full of intelligence and bad feelings).

what names or nicknames have they been called throughout their life?

Mel, mija, and a smattering of other pet names her Abuela insists on calling her despite her "rep" (she's accepted the nicknames, but if you ask her, she doesn't like 'em. Not one bit). 

what makes their heart feel alive?

M:  
Dancing. She loves ballet, and will chew out anyone who says that it's not punk rock. Because ballet is totally punk rock (her only complaint is the color of the tutus that they sometimes wear. She has been on the hunt for a while for a black tutu, preferably with skulls.). 

Ballet gives her peace and and a sense of structure and discipline amongst her Abuela's chaotic way of living. 
This is so M:

And that's a wrap on Mel! I love her to pieces.

What do you think of her? Isn't she great folks? Let's give her a big round of applause. Would you ever try ballet? Do you know any Spanish (I know taco, burrito, and nacho)
Toodlepip

13 comments:

  1. I know no Spanish, but I took ballet for seven years. I didn't really have the right body for it, so I ended up quitting when it got to where they wanted us to take it really seriously, but I enjoyed it while I was younger.
    She is wonderful. *applauds* Melanie sounds like someone I would want to be friends with.
    And why isn't it showtime? (I understood that reference.)
    Great post!
    thefloridsword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, that's so cool though!! I'm sure you know all sorts of awesome ballet stuff.
      Right? I would love to be BFFs with her. XD
      Hehe, I thought you would.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Dude I think I would love Mel. She sounds great. xD I love how she's all "punk" and "black" but then really just loves rainbows and sunshine. XD

    ALSO PIZZAAAAA! You can't go wrong with that. <3

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she looks like she would be spray-painting a wall, but she is just adorable. XD

      RIGHT? Literally the best for any character.

      Delete
  3. Okay she sounds downright badass and aWESOME. And I love the whole ripped/punk mixing with ballet!! That is just the best. <3 Also the way to her heart being pizza? Completely reasonable. I relate.😂

    Thanks for joining in the linkup!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! But...isn't ballet punk (I mean have you seen those dancers feet? That is hardcore XD)?

      Yeah, thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  4. She sounds like an awesome and badA person! Stuff like this always makes me wish the characters were real, because I would love to hang out with her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! And I completely agree. It would be so fun to be able to chill with whatever character we wanted, and she would be pretty awesome to be friends with.

      Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  5. She seems interesting and adorable! Quite unique too.

    I know some Spanish! I definitely could improve a lot but I can speak a decent amount.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, she is definitely a unique one. XD

      Nice! I think that's such a good skill to have. :)

      Delete
  6. Can I just say how much I love your little "Jerry" quips? They make me smile so much! YES JERRY. Also, this:

    "She wears her eyeliner thick and sharp enough to kill someone, but she loves going to church with her Abuela and listening to the hymns."

    I love this girl already! Your book sounds so awesome. I would totally read this / hang out with her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Jerry will be proud to hear that SOMEONE appreciates him. XD

      Right? And thank you!! If only we had the ability to hang with characters irl.

      Delete
  7. I love this!! She is the reincarnation of goodness but is also into black goth stuff??? Too awesome!!! I want to know moooooore!!! Also really like the Spanish accents. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)