Friday, February 3, 2017

Rewind| Agent Carter - A Love Letter to Edwin Jarvis

This is a post that I wrote around June of last year and never got around to actually posting it. Even though now Agent Carter isn't running...
  I figured I would finally bless the world with it (you're welcome). Enjoy.

By now, Agent Carter has climbed to the place of one of my favorite TV shows.



If you don't know what Agent Carter is, what rock have you been living under? Just kidding, I'm sure I already know and have bumped into you during one of those rock housewarming parties. Hint: I was the one that showed up late and brought the veggie platter nobody liked. 

Anywho, Agent Carter is about Peggy Carter, an awesome woman who goes around being awesome in a secret agent-y way and getting stuff done. Also, it's set in the 1930s 40s  olden days. She wears a signature red hat and makes you wish that you looked that good playing dress up. 
She's a fantastic character and kind of revolutionary I think, but she's not what this is about. No, this is about the best character of them all.
No, not him (though he is awesome).
Image result for edwin jarvis gif
Him.
Edwin Jarvis is a classy (and sassy) dude that always has Peggy's back. What I love most about him is that he is portrayed as doing "feminine" things i.e. baking, housekeeping, tending the wounded, being a bit...skittish, but they never have even implied that he is in anyway less of a man or awesome person.

He's very wise, and takes care of Peggy even when she doesn't think she needs it. I love how strong and platonic their friendship really is. Usually when shows have friends of the opposite genders, there is at least some semblance of romantic tension between them at one point or another, but not here. Peggy and Jarvis are just bro's, and that's really refreshing.


He's a man of many talents, he's dedicated to his job, and overall an awesome character. If nothing else, you should watch Agent Carter for Jarvis, 'cuz he's da bomb-diggity. Also, if you watch it, I promise never to say 'da bomb-diggity' again. It's a win-win. 

Toodlepip 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You should! I remember reeeally liking it when I was watching it. I strive to be Peggy in life. :)

      Delete
  2. YESS I COMPLETELY AGREE. Jarvis is one of the best humans ever. I didn't love him as much the first time (no idea why. i must've turned into an alien momentarily or something) but absolutely adored him during my rewatch. he's awesome. (as is the whole show)

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He truly is. And a rewatch is a great idea. Hmm, perhaps I should. It is set in the past so it could be "educational". ;D

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! Jarvis was fantastic - he was her sidekick in a lot of ways that women usually are to men, but the series never made it seem like he was less "masculine".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those were my thoughts exactly. :)

      Delete
  4. GUYS! I LOVED AGENT PEGGY CARTER! Jarvis was amazing, and Peggy was AMAZING! UGH, My love for this TV show can't be compared to anything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? IT WAS SO GOOD!! I wish that it could have gone on forever (without getting worse as so many TV shows do).

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)