Thursday, January 5, 2017

New Years Resolutions| #NewYearNewMe

Well, in case you haven't noticed, it's a new year.

Image result for jared throwing glitter gifs

And as one does in the bloggy world (because that's how we roll in the hood, bruh), I am going to tell the world my New Year's resolutions. Everyone is dying to know. Obviously.

Last year, for the first time ever, I wrote down New Year's resolutions and boy, was it hard, but I did it. I stuck to my 2016 New Year's resolutions (let's see how many times I say that this post, huh?). 

In 2016, I stuck to my New Year's resolutions.
  • I only worked on one novel. That's right, despite having 3894 ideas bouncing around in my mind, screaming at me to magic them into existence (because that's what writers do: magic. We are actual, living, breathing warlocks), I only worked on one, singular novel. As in edited/wrote/cried over nothing else.
  • And it was hard.
  • like
  • rly hard.
  • Slow down. Not walk slower and talk slower and generally annoy anyone within a five mile radius (though that is on the list for 2018, don't you worry), but to not be so focused on everything I have to get done, and instead, just live in the moment.
  • Enjoy life.
  • Go with the flow. 
  • Image result for go with the flow gif
  • I spent more time with God. I still want to work on getting a more regular schedule for my time with God, but my relationship with Him has grown enormously in the past year. 
As for my goals this year...

10 minutes with God each day.
Because clearly I am a silly potato who tries to do everything in one day and ends up pushing off the most important things aka God. That's not good.
Image result for obviously gif
Obviously...
Take vitamins every day.
I am also an unhealthy human (I compare myself to a potato so often, and sometimes I wonder. They do say 'You are what you eat.'), so a good step to me not dying at the age of 20 would be to take my vitamins, but to quote my 3 year old niece "I DON'T WANNA." 
So, a New Year's resolution is just what I need to transform my life into the sparkling model of health that I know it could be.

Find a writing internship.
ADULTING. GROWING IN MY WRITING SKILLS. All good things, all good things. The only problem is: I would have to talk to/ be in the same general vicinity as other humans, and I haven't yet completed my analysis of How to Interact With Humans. That might present a problem...

I'm really excited for 2017, and I would love to be able to greet 2018 with my entire list of resolutions upheld (as well as my sanity, but I can't be picky). 

What are your New Year's resolutions? Do you have any big plans for 2017? That's all the questions for today, folks. Totally generic, boring questions for you to answer. You're welcome. (Oh, and btw, what is your favorite New Year's memory?)
(Total "New Year's resolutions" count: 6)
Toodlepip

2 comments:

  1. My only New Years Resolution is to start bullet journalling.

    Blog plans? Post things other than reivews xD

    Favourite New Year's Memory? I dunno... kinda got sick before the New Year. Cramps :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bullet journaling seems to have taken the world by storm. I think I need to hop on the bandwagon, too. ;)

      Aw, that's the worst. :(

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)