Are You Spending Enough Time With God?|| Why You Might Be Feeling Drained All the Time

*one tiny thing goes wrong* 

Brain: LET'S CRY ABOUT EVERY BAD THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED. 
Me: Um...this does not sound like a good idea.
Brain: You're right. But that's okay because I have a better one! We can cry about everything that has ever happened to us, AND THEN WE SHOULD GO TALK TO PEOPLE ABOUT IT. 
Me: That sounds like a worse idea.
Brain: You can be crying, they'll be really confused and concerned. You'll probably get really upset with them for no reason.
Me: Let's not do this.
Brain: It'll be great. Let's go. 

I thought I would write a post about this because it's what's happening to me.


I am busy. I love being busy. I let important things slip off my plate because of my busyness, but there is one thing that I should never let slip off: Spending time with God.
For about 8 months, I had a really solid Bible study routine, and I was happier than I had ever been, I was emotionally stronger, and I was able to function in life like a normal human being. But in the last month, I have let my time with God be pushed off.

Image result for that's messed up gif

Are there consequences? Yes. Am I an idiot? Also yes.

In the past month, my life has been busier than it ever has been before, and I have been running around in circles, not handling it very well. You want to know why? Because I took away the best coping mechanism that I could ever have. God's peace. He promises us that when we are with Him, we will have peace.
PEACEnoun
1. In a general sense, a state of quiet or tranquility; freedom from disturbance or agitation.
2. Freedom from agitation or disturbance by the passions, as from fear, terror, anger, anxiety or the like; quietness of mind; tranquility; calmness; quiet of conscience.
Guess what I haven't been free from recently? I underestimated the importance of my time with God, and in result, it has cost me dearly. I need my time with God, I need that peace that only being with Him can bring. 
Maybe you aren't in the same boat as I am. Maybe you aren't feeling the emotional, physical, and spiritual drain of not being with Him yet, but I can assure you: If you are not spending enough time with God, you will not be at your best. 
I encourage you to turn off your computer, turn off any other distractions, and just read your Bible, do a word study, whatever works for you to connect with God. Pray, listen to worship music, sit in silence, give thanks to Him, take a walk in His beautiful creation, anything that brings you closer to Him. 
Toodlepip

Comments

  1. *applauds all of this* This was a wonderful post, Evangeline! I enjoyed it :).

    *whispers* also, I tagged you - http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-inspire-me-tag.html

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :)

      *takes deep breath to contain excitement* Nope, I can't. YAYAYAYAYAY!!! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Right? It's so easy to do, but God should always be our priority. :)

      Delete
  3. Ahh this is so good. *beams* I am in the exact same boat now, actually. I think you go through harder withdrawals if you've had a tight, constant study going and then just fall away or stop all together, cause then you know what you're missing. I'm trying really hard to get my study back up though. I'm so glad you're doing the same! <3 I know we'll both benefit from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true! The switch from constantly and actively having time with God to nothing can be really drastic.

      Go you!! I know you can do it! :) And so can I. Because dang, do I need it. XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)