Christmas Eve| My Yearly Tradition

Twas the night before Christmas...
 Image result for christmas tree tumblr

All through the house, everyone is asleep except for me. I am perched on my little chair in front of the fire, watching the lights on the tree twinkle in all their Christmas glory.

Every year feels more strange than the last because every year it comes faster than the last. One of my worries this year has been forgetting -- forgetting the precious moments that make up my life. Anyone can remember big thing like vacations or birthdays, but not many people remember the small moments that made them smile, like this Christmas Eve.

Image result for christmas hipster tumblr

This Christmas Eve has been peaceful and wonderful, and I don't want to forget a second of it. That's why for the past few years, I have made up my own little tradition to stay up until midnight. Then, when it is finally Christmas Day, I go to sleep with a smile on my face, picturing the next morning's fun and gifts.

Winter has always been my favorite time of year. There really is something special about the whole world coming together to decorate their lives with pretty lights, and give gifts, and delight in music that only shows up one time of year. The world is happier around Christmas-time. On Christmas Eve, I always imagine how many kids across the world are waiting eagerly to wake up and find that Santa has visited, leaving bright wrapping paper and toys.

Image result for Christmas presents under the tree tumblr

But of course, the most important thing that I think of on Christmas Eve is our Lord and Savior. His sacrifice of being born on a sinful and dirty earth is so amazing. He left His perfect and beautiful world for our broken one. Every year, that sacrifice baffles me. How good our God is, and how quickly we forget...

Merry Christmas Eve.

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. I love how you said that you're scared of forgetting. I am, too... But I never knew if it was just me??? Anyway, it's so true. When you're in THAT moment of perfect happiness, you're like "I will never forget this moment!" but I'm scared that I will. I mean, I do. Five minutes later, even...

    I don't even really know where I am going with this comment??? Your post just resonated with me... Like maybe we all should try harder to write down every detail of those precious moments so we don't lose them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :) Yeah, whenever I do think "I don't want to forget this." I try to write it down in my journal, but then there are those times that do slip by...

      Delete
  2. THIS is why I am a journaller, a photographer, a blogger -- I don't want to forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. :) It's priceless to be able to see one's life clearly documented, the growth, struggles, and precious moments.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)