November Favorites 2016| Stranger Things and Concerts + OMG GILMORE GIRLS

Life Update:
  • I completed NaNoWriMo with quite a few days to spare. 
  • I attended a few writing meeting thingies that made me feel as though I had achieved #officialwriterstatus
  • I went to WinterJam, and IT WAS BASICALLY THE BEST CONCERT EVER. I saw some artists that I have ADORED since I was a wee tadpole. I was expecting it to be much more lowkey (I mean, it was a Christian concert), but it was in the Tacoma Dome (For those of you who do not know, the Tacoma Dome is massive), and there was confetti raining from the sky, balloons drifting through the crowds, and a disco ball painting the audience with stars. It was legit,
  • I killed my housplant. Less than a month, you guys, and it was dead! Clearly no living thing wants to be around me longer than 30 days. I kept the pot though, so that's a fun memory...
  • I'm panicking over Christmas. I was determined to be on top of this FOR ONCE this year, but guess what, I am most definitely not.  
  • I didn't write a Thanksgiving post because clearly I am a grumpy, unthankful wretch. That's the reason for sure. 
  • I woke up at 3:00 in the morning to go Black Friday shopping (for the first time ever), and it was not as hard as I thought it would be, but at the same time...
  • Image result for whyyy gif
  • GUYS I REALLY WANT A CAT
  • That's not really a life update.
  • Just thought I'd let you know...
Book
Image result for and I darken


And I Darken: This was an intense, political, serious book. 
“I think of you like a sister," he said. "Like a brilliant, violent, occasionally terrifying sister that I would follow to the ends of earth, in part because I respected her so much and in part because I feared what she would do to me of I refused. "

She nodded. "I would do awful things.” 
Image result for Very serious gif
Lada every day of her life.
My Goodreads review says more, but overall, THIS WAS SO GOOD. Though there is a content warning to those who are cautious of those sorts of things.  

Music
Image result for britt nicole latest album Image result for ocean by ocean

I stumbled upon Britt Nicole's latest album about a month ago, and I have been obsessing about it ever since. BUT THEN I WENT TO WINTER JAM AND SAW HER PERFORM LIVE. It was so incredible because I had completely forgotten that she was going to be there.
My favorites are: "Heart of Stone", "Through Your Eyes", "Concrete", and "Pave".

I was introduced to Oceans by Oceans about two weeks ago. IT HAS TAKEN OVER MY LIFE. When I listen to it, I feel like I have my life together and the world is right again. It is so peaceful, and also #hipster. 

Character
Image result for paris geller gif


She is SAVAGE. I would love to be as 1) Ambitious as an aardvark, 2) RUTHLESS as a raven, and 3) honest as a hippo.
Image result for paris geller gif
Even if it doesn't make sense...
Blog Post
Beautiful Books 2016| Do's and Don'ts of How To Share Your Novel + MY PUPPY by An Odd Blog ➛ Because SELF-PROMOTION and also, please see how adorable my puppy is. He is precious to me.

7 Types Of NaNo-ers You'll See This Month by To the Barricade! ➛ Because this is so accurate it hurts. 

How to Win NaNo in 3 Days by PaperFury ➛ Because #WRITINGMASTER. We all bow down at your skills, Cait.

Slytherin Problems + Jon Foreman up a tree by Acoustic Erin ➛ Because I adore these life updates/random little things. They're fun. 

Finding Heart// In Which I Love My First Drafts by To the Barricade ➛ Because THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED TO KEEP IN MIND. I am very critical, and I definitely felt like this was aimed at me.
Conscience: Hey, this sounds familiar.... 
Me: Oh hush.
Conscience: I think I know someone who is too hard on their work.
Me: Do you now?
Conscience: It-
Me: Don't say it.
Conscience: is-
Me: You can be quiet now.
Conscience: YOUUU
Me: DANGIT YOU'RE RIGHT

i've been thinking too much: positivity by Acoustic Erin ➛ Because....see above conversation. 

Drink
Image result for tea tumblr


I was very posh this month, and I drank all my tea from a delicate teacup that basically made me the queen of England. #bowtome 

I also drank approximately my weight in apple cider. Though I suppose that doesn't tell you much because you don't know how much I weigh. It could be 20 or 200... 

Food
All the Thanksgiving foods!! So much turkey and pie. Bless this great country of freedom and food. It is days like this that I am proud to be American. #stuffyourface

TV Show
Image result for stranger things

I am officially obsessed with Stranger Things. I have already adopted all of these children and no one shall hurt them ever. JO MARCH IS ALL GROWN UP AND A FRANTIC MOTHER. Also, I'm pretty sure I called a major plot twist within the first twenty minutes BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE I WILL SELL MY SOUL FOR SEASON 2.

Image result for stranger things gifs

The children are precious, and I love how intense it gets. It swept the nation. At first, I was determined to not like it, but then I actually gave it a try, and it was like I had seen the most beautiful thing.

Image result for stranger things gifs
  • All of the actors seem to know their characters inside out, and they portrayed them perfectly. 
  • ALSO HAVE I MENTIONED JO MARCH. 
  • Jo is one of my heroes to this very day, and it was a little strange (heh heh, see what I did there? "Strange"?? nevermind...) to see her chasing after monsters.
  • And all the lights were soooo preeetty. 
  • Jonathan confused me, tbh. One moment, he was all sweet and adorable, and then the next he was Creeper McCreeperton. 
  • MAKE UP YOUR MIND
  • But it's all good because I love him anyway. 
Image result for gilmore girls 2016 a year in the life

YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND. I have been waiting for these four episodes for my whole life. But it was over far too quickly.

Netflix: In a year you will have four more episodes!
Me: Wow! That's so exciting!
Netflix: it's alMOST HERE!
Me: Only two days away.
Netflix: HERE YOU GO. 4 MORE EPISODES
Me: Oh wow!
Netflix: Aaand that's it.

Movies
Image result for me before you movie posterImage result for suicide squad poster

Can we take a moment to appreciate how different both of these movies are? I find my tastes in movies hilariously odd. 

Me Before You: I knew I would like it because, let's be honest, HELLO SAM CLAFLIN. 
I loved everything about this movie. First and foremost, this was the most adorable,"stuff-a-pillow-in-your-mouth-because-you-can't-keep-from-squealing-like-a-newborn-swine" movie. 

Image result for Me before you gifs

Usually the "love-hate" relationships in romance movies go as follows.

Person1: I hate the world.
Person2: Okay.
Person1: You'll never get me to like you, either.
Person2: That's fine.
Person1: You convinced me. I adore you.

But this was legit "love-hate" that gave me all the happy feels. The ending was unexpected, but I'm not upset for any reason. It was a very innocent movie, and I appreciated it. It was definitely predictable, but it was just a beautiful movie, so I honestly didn't mind. It left me feeling kind of dreamy, and like I could do anything. IT WAS JUST REALLY SWEET, OKAY?

Suicide Squad: Let me be clear. This wasn't a favorite. It was kind of a mixed bag. Maybe I shouldn't have included it, but I figured I would because #myturfmyrules

It was definitely not perfect. It was also not horrible. It was flashy and bright and really weird (but not in the way they were trying for). There were a few moments that I loved. If only they had taken those moments and expanded upon them/ACTUALLY GIVEN THEIR MAIN CHARACTERS JUST THAT -- CHARACTER, then this movie could have been great.

My favorite part of the whole movie was this precious cinnamon roll right here:

Image result for el diablo suicidé squad gifs

He and Harley were the only two complex characters. I honestly loved him so much. I wish that this movie had focused more heavily on El Diablo. 

The pacing of the movie was off, and it never truly felt like the movie had started. There was no real inciting incident. It felt watered down and jumbled. Each piece of action kept happening right after the next, and there was no time for reaction to it.

The villain wasn't scary. She was flashy and "creepy", but all she really did was belly dance  some magic (literally, she belly-dances instead of waving a wand or something) and POOF, there was a bit of smoke. Yeah...that was it.

I give this movie about 3 stars. It was mostly unimpressive, but there were a few shining moments that gave me hope, only to squash it once again.

What's your favorite movie you've seen this month? What book? (Music, drinks, TV shows. What are ya'll into right now?) Tell me about your month! 

Toodlepip 

Comments

  1. My fave movie from November was 100% Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which blew me away. I can't wait to dive back into it this weekend. I would have turned right around and seen it again right after my first viewing if I didn't have a husband and kids who wanted to see me at some point that day. I'm soooooooo into it.

    And also into the '90s TV series The Magnificent Seven. I've watched the first 3 eps with my best friend and they are guaranteed day-brighteners for me. Really getting a kick out of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to seeing it. :) And pshh, husband and children can wait. The wizarding world takes precedence. ;)

      I've been wanting to watch The Magnificent Seven. It's something I've heard a lot about it, and it seems really good! It's always fun to find a TV show that really adds something to your day. :)

      Delete
    2. I know, right? The world needs saving, and I need to be there to see it saved!

      It really is a cute show. So far there's been one ep that was about, um, ladies of the evening, but even that one was relatively clean. Have you watched Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman? It has a very similar vibe.

      Delete
    3. That's nice to hear that it's pretty clean. :) It's nice to have a break from all the...stuff that ends up in movies and TV shows these days.

      Delete
    4. Yes! That's why I watch so many old shows from like the '60s, because I just don't have to deal with junk. I don't need it in my brain.

      Delete
  2. HIIIIIIII *tackle hugs* Miss you.

    Britt Nicole's new album!! YUSSS. I rather approve. (I mean, some of it was kind of Ehh, so far, from what I've listened to, but other parts of it are Yass.) Love "Concrete"!!!

    Okay, so what is Stranger Things about?

    Also, Gilmore Girls. And Paris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG HIIIII!!!

      "Concrete" is SO good. I also love "Pave". I'm glad you've heard it because everyone in the world should. I'm kind of obsessed.

      Oh boy. It's about a boy who disappears from a small town in Indiana, and the monstrous chain of events that occur afterwords. It's crazy, addictive, and just creepy enough if you watch it at night. :)

      YAASS, Gilmore Girls was awesome. And I just adore Paris.

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to comment for a while, but for some reason never got around to it. But I love reading your blog, Evangeline! I just started reading it a few weeks ago and your posts are so entertaining! Actually, you've inspired me to (attempt) to start blogging again. We'll see how that actually goes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks!! I had no idea you read my blog! GO FOR IT! LIVE YOUR DREAMS! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)

Popular Posts