My Farewell to Summer

Yes this is a couple quite a few A MILLION years too late, but I'm doing it now. At least I did it at all... It's not procrastination; it's being productive in a round-about way! 

So here we go. My farewell to summer!

This summer was really great for me. I had a lot of realizations and life changes that I have introduced because I AM LEARNING SO MUCH IN SUCH A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME. 


I have learned: how much God wants me to trust Him with everything that I am troubled with. I am the type of person that gets easily stressed out (which I have stated many times because it is such a big part of my struggling still), but this summer, I went through a lot of growing, and learning, and listening to what God wants me to do when I am in distress. He just wants me to run to Him for the peace and freedom from anxiety that He promises.

I have learned: to let go of my schedule and live in the moment. I am a schedule girl. I love having lists and checking things off of that list and being organized!  

Image result for check off gif
ME IN EVERY SITUATION 
I take being motivated and organized to a whole new level; I become almost obsessive. I try to follow my list so closely that I end up ignoring invitations to play a game with my family. I forget to play the piano and watercolor and sing in the kitchen with my sister and bake and live life so fully that I am in the moment, appreciating all the time that I am not looking at my list.

I have learned: how to step out of my comfort zone. I am a timid person. I am a timid person.
For basically all of my life, I have acted like, and believed I was, a "wimp". Over this summer, I learned that I can be bold. I can live life daringly and not be jumping off of cliffs. I can step out of my comfort zone in small ways, like: riding a motorcycle, rock-climbing, striking up a conversation with a complete stranger, riding a horse even though I'm lowkey terrified of riding them, learning how to drive a four-wheeler.  All of these seemingly small things pushed me out of my happy little bubble. I am a happier person when I am out of my comfort zone.

I have learned: to not be so worried about things. This summer I wrote in a book. This summer I went through my belongings and got rid of quite a few things I had been holding onto. I drew in a book and was proud of defacing it! Because I had made art, and I was happy with this art. I was arting!!

This summer was pretty great for me, and I hope it was pretty great for ya'll, too. So, welcome Autumn! (Yes, I know we're almost through it already, hush.)

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. I'm a little bit confused because the title is: Farewell to summer but wasn't summer... quite a while ago?

    *awkward silence*

    Oh, you told me to hush. Well... I dunno.

    I'm glad you've learned to get out of your comfort zone which I have yet to learn (then again, I am in search of a job. I need the money).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Yes, well, um, I have been meaning to write this ever since the end of August, but that didn't quite work out, so...better late than never. XD

      GOOD LUCK with finding a job!

      Delete
  2. okay but can I just leave a comment in tribute to that first gif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I guess that gif does deserve a tribute, so...yes. :D

      Delete
  3. Wow this was an amazing summer for you! GOOD ON YOU. I am exactly the same with the lists. 😂 I have mine on a time schedule too, which like generally freaks me out when I'm 10mins behind time...omg, sometimes I worry about my own sanity. Ahem. I probably should learn to relax that but...*melts into a puddle* NOT THIS YEAR. Anyway. ;D I think it's awesome that you're remembering to live in the moment! And I applaud you for not worrying so much too. That is like a seriously amazing feat. GOOD ON YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was pretty great. Hello, "I worry about my own sanity" sums it up pretty well. XD

      Thanks! It's taken me quite a long time to get here, but better late than never, right? ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)

Popular Posts