Thursday, August 11, 2016

Five Favorite Couples = The Hardest Elimination Process of EVER

I was tagged by Ivy Miranda to do the GUSH ABOUT YOUR OTPs TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN Five Favorite Couples Tag.
Disclaimer: If it breathes, I ship it, so I of course have some honorable mentions. I just can't decide between everyone, so I have to add ALL OF THE PRECIOUS BABIES. 

Rules:
Pick one couple from each category
Tagging is optional
Link back to my site.
~ ~ ~
Categories:
1.) Period Drama Couple
2.) Sci-Fi/Fantasy Couple
3.) Superhero Couple
4.) Preferred Couple (from a love triangle)
5.) Couple Ended Too Soon

1. You're Tolerable...I suppose

I only discovered this marvelous story because I was dying sick, and I was looking for something to watch. I logged onto Netflix and behold, there it was: shining, shimmering, splendid. My new purpose in life. Pride & Prejudice. I feel like such a cliche for liking this story enough to list this couple as my favorite from a period drama. 

2. LET'S STEAL THE MOON...and everyone's hearts. 
I actually can't decide out of this book series who is my favorite couple, because they're all just too darn adorable! With each book I found a new couple to adore and obsess over. And Winter didn't help one bit.So I'm just going to say EVERYONE. 

3. Seaweed Brain and Wise Girl
Date Percy Jackson:
They were my OTP before I even knew what that was. 
This was my reaction.:

I could go on for years about why they are the best candidates for Superhero couple. I know they're not technically superheros, but they're basically gods, so, who's the real superhero here? Thor or Percy Jackson. I thought so. I mean, they have their own Superman (heh, anyone get that? No? Just me? Okay.).

4. Arthur and Gwen
I'm re-watching Merlin right now, and I still adore those two. Even when I was just a wee little lass, I was fascinated by the story of Arthur and Gwen. There have been so many versions of their story that I always wanted to know the real one, but when I did find out, I much preferred the fairy tales and fables. This version of Arthur and Gwen is by far my favorite.

5. He proposed over a fresh grave by comparing her to his bow and arrow. #relationshipgoals
Robin Hood, BBC. I finished watching this show forever ago, but pictures of these people still make me want to cry!:
Look how cute they are...
At first I wasn't too sure about BBC Robin Hood, but then I got SUPER into it. They, for sure, take the place of the couple that ended too soon. This is the show that killed me at the end, and this couple was no exception.

Honorable Mentions:
Sherlock and Molly: I have logical evidence that this ship is going to happen, people. 
Leo and Calypso: I JUST HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS ABOUT THIS ONE.
Oliver and Felicity: From the second that they met, I knew.
Roy and Thea: See above^^.
Thanks for the tag, Ivy Miranda! Let's see if I can rustle up some people to tag... 

Olivia@Meanwhile in Rivendale
Mary@Sunshine and Scribblings
Alina@The Art of Extraordinary 

Toodlepip

10 comments:

  1. Great choices! I love Arthur and Gwen <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Percy + Annabeth => <3 <3 <3 So glad they're on your list. ;) And the couples from the Lunar Chronicles are fantastic as well. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post!

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEEES. I couldn't just not have them on the list because they are EVERYTHING.
      Aw, thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. "I logged onto Netflix and behold, there it was: shining, shimmering, splendid. My new purpose in life. Pride & Prejudice."

    YES. I love that movie! One of the best. Oh my goodness, I feel like there are so many glorious couplings in fiction, how could you possibly pick?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a good movie. And I know! It was difficult to even narrow it down for categories. :)

      Delete
  4. WHOA. GIRL. You and I put down the same couple for the last category! Your answers are much more creative than mine, though :P I had fun reading them!

    Oh, and I tagged you in this gargantuan post, as well:

    http://meanwhileinrivendell.blogspot.com/2016/08/that-awkward-moment-when.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously though, they deserved to go on longer. :(

      Awesome! Thanks. :)

      Delete
  5. PERCABETH FOR THE WIN. <333 They are the ultimate adorable sassy snarky couple of ever. Basically the best ship in the Riordan universe. NO QUESTION. *happy sigh* Also you're description of the Robin Hood proposal made me laugh. haahha. Very romantic. >_> Ahem.😂

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)