"In my heart, I want spiderwebs."

The world around us is going faster than ever before. It's also promising more money, adventure, and a "successful" life. There are appointments to get to, schedules to stick to, and time to use as wisely as we can, running from moment to moment without a second thought to the time that is passing. Do we even see the world around us and appreciate all that it is? Do we even take a moment to marvel in the creations that God has left for our enjoyment?


For most of my life, I have been driven by the desire to get all that I can done, to accomplish everything on my list, but recently, I have learned that happiness doesn't lie in checking everything off of my To-do list, it lies in something much smaller. 

Taking time out of my day to enjoy things that I would never have never noticed before -- a ray of sun across a blooming flower, a colorful bird, a forest teeming with life -- has given me a new perspective on things. When we slow down, when we quiet our minds and look at God's small creations, we can see just how big He truly is. Not to mention, scientists say that the less stress is in your life, the longer you'll live. It's so much easier to be close to God when we don't have other things pushing in on our thoughts that, in that moment, are His alone. He made us to be curious, to want to look outside and appreciate His handiwork. 

I have found that the more I allow myself to go outside and be with God amongst the simple beauty of His masterpiece, the happier I am. I choose spiderwebs and a forest over a computer and a To-do list. 

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. This was really nice and refreshing. Although I'll have to disagree with the spiderweb part xDD

    God bless! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I think spiderwebs are pretty from a distance. XD

      Delete
  2. That was really good ... and I agree with your perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)

Popular Posts