Monday, June 13, 2016

Totally Should've Book Tag

*bursts in with a crash* *throws confetti* *victory screech*

I was tagged! By none other than the beautiful butterfly from Golden Scribblings aka Monica. *waves* Thank you, Monica!

I've actually been eyeing this tag for a week or so and was considering falling back into my ol' pirating days, but alas, I was saved from a life of crime.  And I'm a sucker for bookish tags, so why would I resist doing yet another?

Where: This blog.
When: Right now.
Why: Because I want to (and because someone tagged me. Bless their hearts.)
How: Just like this.


Totally should've had a sequel  


I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It was a good book, but it wasn't a good LAST book. It left me wanting to know more, and not in a good way. There was a certain character very dear to my heart that just kind of...drifted away into the sunset (literally), and that was that. I need more. 

Totally should've had a spinoff series  
The Harry Potter books. A million times. I don't care what the spinoff series is about: Dumbledore's years going to Hogwarts, a Marauders spinoff, Harry Potter: The Next Generation. I don't care, I just want my HP spinoff series. 

An author who totally should write more books  
Shannon Messenger, hands down. Coincidentally, I'm waiting on edge for the fifth book in a series of hers to be released. Write faster!

Someone who totally should've ended up with someone else
So, my feelings are complicated on this one. The first thing that comes to mind is (for those of you who have not read Fablehaven, but plan to, cover your ears, you innocent little darlings) 

Gavin and Kendra. I was rooting for them. Hardcore. Gavin was a stuttering sweetheart who was protective of Kendra, but then it turns out that he's actually a dragon. What?! Plot twist. Don't get me wrong, I love Bracken. He is wonderful, but I just really liked Gavin. 


Totally should've ended differently
The Blood of Olympus. 
The Book Thief. Once again, for those of you who don't know how it ended, cover your ears. 

I was crying. And yes, I cry over books kind of often (I'm not crying, you're crying. Whatever.), but this book was heart wrenching. It doesn't help that the movie was also so good and all innocent feeling until BOOM darkness and explosions and death. 
I would have the ending be: And the war ended, and Liesel and Rudy stayed friends until they were old enough to get married, have a million children, and live happily ever after. The End.

Bless.
 Totally should've had a movie franchise
Fablehaven needs to have a movie franchise. I want to see Fablehaven come alive on screen. If it did ever become a movie franchise, the world would be a better place. I would pay all my money to see it.

Totally should've had a TV show
NETFLIX. NETFLIX. NETFLIX.
OR
This needs to be redeemed. 
Totally Should've Had Only One POV
I don't really read a whole lot of books with a changing POV, but I will say that I would have liked to have more Percy POV in the Blood of Olympus. I know, I know, I'm going to be the old lady ranting about books that came out 50 years ago. I have accepted this fact. 

Totally Should've Had a Cover Change

Seriously though, this cover makes it look like something that I would never read. It looks like a really cliche "tween" book about a lost princess or something. 

Totally should've stopped at book one
I know that so many people love this series with a passion, which is why I'm kind of hesitant to share this one choice, but #hatersgonnahate.

I like this book, I really do. There was even a point where I loved it. I bought it for goodness sake, but Insurgent wasn't as good, and Allegiant was the worst. Though I will say, I applaud Veronica Roth for that ending. Bravo. 

Totally Should've Stopped Reading
I don't have a lot of books that I wanted to stop reading. Hmm, I'll get back to you.

Totally Shouldn't Have Prejudged
Easy. 
I judged TFIOS so hard when my sister was reading it. When everyone saw the movie, and you had to get a picture of you crying in front of the poster or you weren't a true teen (#neverforget), I was in the background hissing at all the trailers and advertising. I was convinced that it would be just another silly YA book about an unrealistic romance and protagonist. And I was right, but I was also wrong. It was a good book. Yes, I ended up reading it, but I wasn't happy about it until I had finished the entire book. 
I have to admit that it was a good book, just maybe not as good as everyone was saying. 

Thank you again for tagging me, Monica! This was awesome. :)

What are some books that you prejudged? Do you cry easily when reading?
Toodlepip

4 comments:

  1. Ahh this is SUCH A COOL TAG. I so totally want to steal it hehehe. ahem. *pretends to be good* OH OH I totally agree about Blood of Olympus! Like I ADORED the last book but it wasn't quite satisfactory... :/ And I'm really mad that Percy didn't get more page time. AND ANNABETH. I actually thought Piper and Jason were super boring. 😂 And Hazel was barely even there so sheesh, dudes, way to let us down.
    OH and Percy Jackson would make a FABULOUS TV show! Or or a movie but this time animated?!??! Like by the people who made How To Train Your Dragon. <-- This needs to happen.
    ALSO ENDLESS TEARS FOR THE BOOK THIEF. NEVER OKAY AFTER THAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we all know stealing is WRONG unless you reeeally want it. Then steal away. ;)
      And I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in my opinions of the Blood of Olympus. I JUST NEEDED MORE ORIGINAL 3. Someone start a petition for an animated PJO. I could finally die happy.

      Delete
  2. I forgot who you were then I remembered Monica!

    And we both agreed that A Series of Unfortunate Events should have a TV show. Whoop whoop! (Toodlepip?) I read your entire post in a standard american accent.

    Also, are you British by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! ASUE should so be a TV show.

      And no, I am not British. When I first started blogging, I had no idea how to end a post, so I just said Toodlepip, and it stuck. ;)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)