Monday, May 16, 2016

The Liebster Award - May 2016

I was tagged for the Liebster Award twice, so this post will probably be longer than usual. I love being tagged (I'm pretty sure that's the millionth time I've said that, but whatevs)! Thank you so much to Ivy Miranda and Hamlette! Bless your beautiful hearts. 
This is my third time doing the Liebster Award, and I still think that Liebster sounds German. 

Update: I just googled it, and it is German. It means sweetheart or darling. I knew Liebling was German for sweetheart, but so is Liebster, I guess.


Rules:
1. Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
2. Nominate other bloggers (up to 11) and give them 11 questions to answer.

1.) What famous person in history do you want to meet?
So many!!! Mainly C.S. Lewis, J.R.R.Tolkien, Amelia Earhart, Freya Stark, and Amy Carmichael. 
There are truly so many inspirational people that I could learn from, and I know that I'm missing people that I've wanted to meet.

2.) If you could live in any of your favorite fandom worlds, where would it be?
I would be living in a really awesome summer camp called CAMP HALF BLOOD. I would probably die right away, or I would adapt quickly, but I would just like to live there please. Or in Narnia. I would love to live in Narnia amongst the world that teems with beauty and life and magic.

3.) Were you popular growing up? 


I was an awkward little butterfly... I rarely talked to anyone. 

4.) Which book have you read the most?
Probably The Lightning Thief. That book is wonderful, and it was the beginning of a great adventure. I have also read Dragonspell a million times because DANG that is a great fantasy book. 

5.) Is there a movie or book that seems to describe you or your life?
Pirates of the Caribbean.
Because I am clearly the daughter of a rich governor in the mid-1700s who meets a pirate and becomes a pirate queen.
Clearly.
There are many books/movies that I wish could describe my life, but in all reality, I can't think of a single movie that is quite like my life/me. I am unique, okay? 

6.) Could you survive a week without any kind of technology?
Pshh, totally. I know that teenagers are supposed to be completely reliant on technology to keep them occupied, but I am quite content to write with a paper and pen, play piano, read, bake, and play games with my family. 

7.) What words annoy or aggravate you?
I don't really have a word that annoys me, but I do have a phrase. "I know just how you feel." 
It's like, I am a unique person who experiences everything different from the next person. You do not know how I am feeling. 

8.) Your favorite quote?
SO MANY
 :
Some of my favorites are: "We are but a moment in this world." "And above all, look at the world with glittering eyes." 


C.S Lewis:
There are so many quotes that have inspired me to keep writing, stop crying, grin and bear it, and so much more. 

 :

9.) Do you like myths and legends? If so what kinds? (eg. Greek, Scandinavian, African)
I'm pretty basic, and I've grown up on German fairytales i.e. Grimm's Fairytales. 

10.) Would rather get lost in the mall or at the library?
.:
What do you think?
Clearly, I have no use for shoes or purses or other frivolous accessories. I would much rather become lost between the shelves--and pages--of stories. 

11.) Are you easily influenced by popular culture or do you discover things on your own?
If there is enough hubbub over a certain song or book or movie, I will look into it, but I will usually ignore it for as long as I can. My taste in entertainment is quite varied, so I usually like quite a lot of things. 

Hamlette's Questions

1.  Are there any movies you like better than the books they were based on? The Princess Bride. It's a good book, but I always found it too frivolous, and I wasn't able to really engage in the book as much as I was able to connect to the movie. 
2.  Have you ever liked a remake better than the original film? A Little Princess. I have seen quite a few, shall we say, less than sub-par remakes of The Little Princess, and the 1995 was always my favorite. I watched it more times than I could count. It was such a sweet movie, and I liked to pretend that I was just like Sarah. 
3.  What movie do you enjoy introducing other people to? Mighty Joe Young. That movie is a gem. I have probably annoyed many by my constant praises of that movie, but oh well. Watch it!!
4.  Do you identify strongly with any movie characters? Little Woman. I know it's also a book, and I relate strongly to Jo in both movie and book. 
5.  Do you have any favorite film score composers? Yeeees. I love Thomas Newman, Hans Zimmer, John Williams, and Harry Gregson-Willams. They all have such unique styles. 
6.  What's the oldest movie you've ever watched? I believe that the oldest movie I've seen was a silent film that I had mistaken for Disney. I watched it some years ago, and now I see that I was foolish in believing that it was Disney. It's from 1905.
7.  What's the newest movie you've watched? 
I came home a few nights ago around 2:30 am after seeing Captain America: Civil War It was wonderful, and I wish that I could talk to everyone about it, but unfortunately, few have seen it yet. I will wait.
8.  Do you have any favorite movie-watching snacks? Popcorn, ice cream, and all sorts of other unhealthy treats. 
9.  Whose movie recommendations do you tend to trust? My family's. Then again, I live with them, so I we all usually end up watching the same movie. I trust my friends' recommendations, and I mostly watch the movies they recommend. 
10.  What was the last movie you watched? Captain Amarica: Civil War. And it was epic and wonderful.
11.  What's the next movie you plan to watch?
Emma. I just got it from the library, and I am looking forward to it. 

My questions are: 
1. Would you rather live forever, or die tomorrow?
2. Best compliment you've ever received? 
3. How would you describe yourself?
4. If you could stay at any age, what age would you stay at?
5. Do you believe in soulmates? 
6. What is the saddest book you have ever read?
7. What is the fluffiest, happy-sunshine-and-rainbows book you have ever read?
8. Were you ever afraid of the dark?
9. What is your biggest fear?
10. If you could go back and talk to your younger self, what would you say?
11. What are two things about yourself that you would never change?

I nominate Olivia@Meanwhile in Rivendell
Chloe@Rustling Thoughts
and Mary@Sunshine and Scribblings. 
I am quite glad to have answered these questions. Thank you again, Ivy and Hamlette! This was quite enjoyable. 
Toodlepip

6 comments:

  1. I just watched Captain America: Civil War for the second time today. If you want to dish, we can dish :-)

    Loved your answers! I prefer the movie version of TPB over the book too, though the book delights me as well. But the movie is about as perfect as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to watch it a second time. I feel like with that kind of movie, there is so much to be seen the second time that got overlooked the first time. I'm assuming since you saw it twice, you enjoyed it? Or is that a silly question? ;)

      Thanks! I'm sure it helps that I also grew up watching that movie, but no matter, my loyalties to it are quite fixed.

      Delete
    2. The first time through, I didn't enjoy it much at all, and came out feeling grumpy and sad. But my bff convinced me to go see it a second time, and the second time through, I had a great time, liked so much of it, and think now that it miiiight be the best MCU movie since The Avengers. It really deepened that second time around, and kind of mellowed.

      I was about 11 the first time I saw TPB, and I have loved it ever since.

      Delete
    3. Yeah? I can see how it would leave one feeling that way, but I'm glad that you enjoyed it the second time. I felt like it just had so much *emotion* and meaning behind everything. Every fight wasn't purely action but also inner turmoil, and I really liked seeing that side of all the characters. Especially Tony.

      Delete
    4. Yes, it was so emotional tumultuous that I was overwhelmed with feelings the first time, which left me miserable and yearning for the days when my Avengers were all working together as one big, happy, dysfunctional family. The second time, I was able to process all the emotions better because I didn't have worry about what would happen to them getting piled on top of everything else. I knew everyone would be still friendly by the end, and that made all the difference.

      Delete
    5. I gotcha. :) "I wish that I could make a cake filled with rainbows and smiles, and everyone could eat it and be happy." Yeah, I'm excited to see how all this relational dysfunctionality will translate to Infinity War.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)