Sunday, April 24, 2016

Why Cinderella is Actually A Wonderful Movie

I know I'm a year little late to the party, but I haven't bothered to join. I have gushed about a lot of 2015 movies, but there is one that I haven't really talked about...until now.

This movie is whimsical, and stunning, and deserves all the happiness and rainbows in the world. It is a beautiful little butterfly of a movie, and it has cuddled it's way into some of my favorite movies of all time.

I love Cinderella. 
Cinderella used to be my favorite Disney princess when I was a wee lass, but then I quickly latched on to bookish, adorable Belle who dreamed of far off places (just like me!). Needless to say, I am so psyched for the Beauty and the Beast that is coming out in 2017, but for now I want to marvel at this gem of a movie. 

I wasn't expecting myself to like it terribly much, because after I met Belle and all the other princesses, Cinderella began to pale in comparison. Oh how wrong I was. 
So here are a couple reasons why Cinderella is actually amazing.

Reason #1: Morals
A lot of people that I talked to that had seen the movie all were dissatisfied. They found the movie to be horribly naive and foolish, "Why would Cinderella not stand up for herself to her step-mother?" A popular fad these days are tough, hardcore women who stand up for themselves no matter what. Don't get me wrong, I love that those women stand up for themselves, but there is one thing that people are forgetting. Kindness, forgiveness, and cheerfulness in the face of adversity. Ella displayed a childlike wonder towards the world, seeing it as a place full of possibility instead of cruelty. She showed courage by being kind to everyone. Do you know how hard it is to smile when someone is being awful towards you? I do, and I have to say that I haven't been able to do it often. I usually fall into being mean right back, but Cinderella was forgiving and kind towards her step-sisters and step-mother. She smiled while she worked and let the small things in life make her happy. If only more people could have that kind of courage...

Reason #2: Costumes
This movie has the most wonderful costumes of all time. Cate Blanchett's wonderful, elegant, kind of scary gowns and the step-sister's dresses!
Scary Stepmother is looking classy and sassy in that beautiful dress, and the step-sisters look like someone covered them in glue and dropped them in confetti, but it works.

Look at it!! It's cotton candy that was made into a dress. It's beautiful and flowy and shining.

This is one of my favorite dresses of all time. I'm not a huge dress person, but I would wear this in a heartbeat. The blue is so pretty, and the dress itself is practical but not like...a potato sack. I want this dress, and I want to wear it always.

Now on to the Holy Grail of Cinderella. The Dress.

Can we just take a moment to stare at it? It is stunning. I'm not the frilly dress type, but this gown is made from sparkles and butterflies and it's the most gorgeous shade of blue (my favorite color). *blissful sigh* T'is stunning.

Reason #3: Beauty
Everything about this movie was sparkling. The sets were vibrant and out of this world without being overbearingly cutsie. Most importantly, this movie was a fairytale. I don't just mean the story of Cinderella put into movie form, I mean that this movie was the very essence of a fairytale. I can't quite explain what I mean perfectly, though I wish I could.


Reason #4: Kit
Kit is the most wonderful, handsomest, adorable little cupcake. His eyes are so blue (my favorite color), and he's so sweet!! 

He can dance like a pro, and he's like no other Disney prince. He has such a personality, and he goes after what he wants without being creepy or obsessive about it. You can tell he's a romantic when he takes her to the swing (which was just about the cutest scene, by the way)

His face, and his eyes, and his smile... *swoon* 

Reason #5: Casting
These people are their characters. The chemistry between all of them is amazing, and I could only wish of having those acting skills.
Cate Blanchett as a scary cat was spot on. 
Lily James as a beautiful, strong, whimsical character was spot on.
Helena Bonham Carter as a crazy but endearing fairy godmother was spot on. 
Even the mice were cast exceptionally (just kidding)! 

Lily James and Richard Madden in real life are just about the cutest thing ever.

Aren't they the best? SHIP
Reason #6: I Wanted to be a Princess
While I was watching the movie, I was thinking, I want that dress. 
What would I even do with it? Who cares? I want it. I also want to go to a ball. I can't dance, but who cares? I want to go to a ball in that pretty blue dress that I happen to have no use for other than to go to a ball. Of course that's "impractical", but when I watched this movie I wanted to be a princess, really badly.

Can I ride the pretty horse in a beautiful dress? Can I go to a ball where everything sparkles? And most importantly, can I have that dress?

This movie is magical and everything about it is perfect. I'm sure I would find flaws in it if I really looked, but I don't want to look. I want it to stay a perfect little butterfly of a movie.

Have you seen Cinderella? What did you think of it (if you did)? Who is your favorite Disney princess? 
Toodlepip

10 comments:

  1. I agree, I looove this movie! Lily James was a great Cinderella. And the costumes were just magnificent!! I really want Ella's wedding gown. :3

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen it yet! I'm kind of ashamed. XD I mean, I've never been a princess-fan-personish-creature, but I still LIKE them. And omg the costumes. THE COSTUMES. Even the evil costumes are amazing, eeep! AND EVERYTHING IS JUST SO PRETTY. I also agree that there are many different types of strong-heroines and Cinderalla is DEFINITELY one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be quite ashamed, Cait. XD
      The costumes are lovely, the movie is lovely, EVERYTHING IS LOVELY, okay? XD I didn't expect to like it very much because I get tired of the same stories over and over again. But it was just so PRETTY that I couldn't help but fall in love with the entire movie.

      Delete
  3. I love this movie so much, I saw it in the theater three times, twice with my two little girls, who also loved it. Just a splendid film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I bet they did. I feel like this type of movie can be enjoyed by pretty much all ages. :)

      Delete
  4. THE COSTUMES. I JUST CAN'T. I am sad to say we have not yet seen Cinderella. *sits in a corner with a blanket over my head* I want to see it so much though! I have seen the old one which is a wonderful classic that I will always love. My favorite Disney princesses are Belle and Rupunzel. Belle because I look a lot like her, love books, want to travel, enjoy singing, and her dresses are just perfection. Rupunzel because I feel like she would be the funnest friend ever, and the movie is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FIDDLE YOU MUST WATCH IT. It is the sweetest little movie ever, and I want to rewatch it soon!
      Ooo, yeah, Belle and Rapunzel are pretty awesome. Seriously though, you remind me of Belle a lot.

      Delete
  5. AWWWW that adorable gif! Lily and Richard are so cute. <3

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)