March Favorites 2016

It's the end of March already! Spring started this month, and I am so ready. I'm partial to winter (snow!), but I am always ready for a change of scenery after a couple months.

Quick Review: A lot happened this month: I went on a mini-road trip with my mom and sister across the coast of Washington. We visited lots of beaches and cafes, went hiking, and listened to a LOT of music as we drove. We stopped by Cape Flattery (which has been on my bucket list) and took a lot of pictures. The short forest hike was beautiful, and I just can't put into words how stunning Cape Flattery really was.

Isn't it pretty?
BEAUTY
I did the sister tag with my lovely sister and just about died from laughing so hard. We had the best time writing it, and she was literally crying at one point from laughing! I went to another book signing and got another library book signed. I visited the University of Washington with some friends, saw the library (it was basically Hogwarts), and learned lots of interesting "facts". That was a lot of fun.Without any further ado, here are this month's favorites.

Book
I like romance. I fangirl over so and so just as much as the next girl, but never before have I ever made it through an entire romance novel. I have found romance novels that are clean, sweet, and whatever else I could want from a romance novel, but I just can't do it. I require some plot other than two people trying to find a way to be together, until I found All the Bright Places. I have a lot of praise and a lot of criticism. I didn't finish it because of *ahem* reasons of the inappropriate nature, but what I did read before it got all...you know, was wonderful. This was a really sweet story, and I wish that I could have finished it. 
"When you consider things like the stars, our affairs don’t seem to matter very much, do they?” 
Or
Illusionarium. The cover suggests that it will be a fluffy, magical fairytale that has been done over and over. What was inside was much different than I expected. It was so much better than I thought it was going to be.
Music
I know I'm late to this party. I've had many chances to go to this party, and just now decided to show up with a half-eaten pizza. Before, I just dismissed it as another one of those "girl power" songs that I never really liked. But guess what? I finally listened to it, and I mean reeeeally listened to it, and I am in love with the beauty that is Fight Song.

Character
Libby from I am Princess X. I'm not going to say much more about her (spoilers!), but she is awesome, and I love her creativity.
Drink
Pomegranate White Tea. It's actually not a tea that we own, but a family that we see a lot has it, so it's climbed it's way to the top this month for being the perfect little tea that it is.


Food
Jelly Beans. Don't judge me for being unhealthy. I had a small bag, and I opened that at night for a small dessert, and then the next morning there were still some, and so I kind of ate...all of them. Jelly Beans are so good! I had forgotten how amazing each individual flavor can be. Some of my favorites are black licorice, buttered popcorn, and blueberry.

TV Show
Lost! I've only watched the first season, but it's so good. It's engaging and interesting without being filled with just drama (though there are times of drama). I like that the show is more focused on survival and the people instead of the drama.

Movie (this contains spoilers from Mockingjay pt. 2)

I just got back from seeing this about one hour ago. And I am not okay. It ripped out my heart, stomped on it, and then presented it back to me with a bow, and I wanted to do it all over again. This movie was devastating, amazing, and so perfectly accurate. I loved it. I'm not going to lie, I was ugly crying. A lot. Especially when SPOILERS Finnick died. I was almost legit sobbing. He left Preggo Annie behind!! I'm not okay. And then when Katniss was yelling at Buttercup! That's one thing that I love so much about the performances in this movie. They all ugly cried. It wasn't a majestic single tear down a porcelain cheek, it was real crying. It makes me feel a lot better about how I cry. In the end it was really good, but I also died multiple times while watching it. And then POLLUX My precious cinnamon roll, please be okay. He's just so sweet and happy, and then in this he was sad and crying, and I wanted to give him a hug. Good movie though. 

What about you? What stuff has consumed your soul this month?
Toodlepip

Comments

  1. *clutches at heart* AAAACK, how can you make such gorgeous headeeerrrrrrrrs…

    I've never heard of Cape Flattery, but it looks BEAUTIFUL.

    Jelly Beans *high five*

    By the by, what exactly is "I am Princess X"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're too sweet. :)

      It is beautiful. I'm so glad I got to go.

      Right? Jelly Beans are the best.

      It is a novel that was recommended by a friend, and I decided to give it a go. I could not put it down. It falls under the suspense/action/mystery catigory.

      Delete
  2. Oh my word, your road trip! It looks like a blast!! Needless to say, I am SO JEALOUS. And those photos are downright beautiful! :D Also, I love LOST. It is one of my favorite shows of all time. You're right, it is very character-based! Watch every season, you will love it :) Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much more pretty in person!
      I definately need to watch all of the seasons. :)

      Delete
  3. Lost!!! I love Lost. Specifically, I love Sawyer. Oh, what a crazy, mind-blowing show that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Fight Song! Found that one a little while ago (a few months that is) and couldn't stop listening to it. Soooo good!! And Tiana's been watching lost, and I've been seeing bits of it. MY DEAR HOBBIT. He's so different without his curly hair, and constantly complaining about second breakfast. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a good song. And yay Tiana for watching Lost. When I saw that Merry was in it, I was so surprised. And A LOT of people from OUAT are in it too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)

Popular Posts