Thursday, April 28, 2016

Green Gables Fables

Guess what peeps? Thanks to some lovely comments that I recieved on my Lizzie Bennet Diaries post, I decided to finally get around to watching Green Gables Fables.
Let me set the stage. It's 10:30 pm, my sister has fallen asleep on the couch. Everyone else in my household has gone to bed as well (bah, sleep is for the weak), so I decide to occupy my energy by checking out the Green Gables Fables.

I mean, I might as well. The next thing I know, it's 11:15, and I hear my sister coming up the stairs. I quickly turn off the lights (Hint: I was supposed to be in bed), and pretend to be getting up to get a drink of water. Of course she had seen the light on before she came up the stairs, so she just laughed and told me what a dork I was. I love my sister. Fast forward to the next morning (actually this morning as I am writing this on the very same day that I watched all the episodes of season one), and I am hooked. I thought I was only going to watch one or two more, but...that was not true. Like I said, I watched the entire first season in one sitting. I'll probably watch what they have out of season two later today when I have a good excuse to not be editing.
SHE KEPT HIS PENCIL *dies from adorableness*
Needless to say, I am a fan. I love this style of storytelling because it brings such a fresh perspective to the stories that we all know.

Anyways, I really must go edit. This month for Camp NaNo I'm editing Behind the Glass which was my first novel that I ever wrote (so obviously there is so much rewriting involved). I still love the concept and premise, but the characters and worldbuilding (and pretty much everything else) needs to be worked on. A lot. Wish me luck!

Update (a day later): I finished all of the episodes that are out of season two, and I am...dying. Simply put, I am dying. Gilbert is a perfect little gentleman and he's so sweet, and...where's my Gilbert, hmm? Anne is awkward, dorky, and wants to be a writer with every fiber of her soul. She is basically me. I've always related to her, but even more so through this adaptation. Seriously though, I don't know how I'm going to wait a week between every episode. Those who told me to watch it in the comments...you have ruined my lives (in the best way possible). 

Toodlepip

8 comments:

  1. YESSSSSSSS *fistpump* You watched it!! ;D GGF is like my favorite miniseries ever and I am SO. SAD. THAT IT *ENDED*. HOW SHALL I EXIST WITHOUT MY ADORABLE LITTLE PUFFBALL OF ADORABLENESS. (aka Gilbert) I hope they have an epilogue. Or better yet a third season. X'D

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT'S SO GOOD. And when I watched the last episode that was uploaded, I was really sad. I hope they all aren't completely absent on Twitter or Instagram (I don't have an account with either one, but I still check their accounts every once in a while). Especially Gil.

      Delete
  2. It was an amazing web series!! I don't know if they are going to do anymore seasons, but I kinda hope they do. If they don't, they at least ended it well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And yes, I hope they do more seasons. :)

      Delete
  3. *crashes into the room and falls on the floor with a thud* Well, I'm baaaack! Did you miss me? After a short absence (hehe, more like a thousand-year absence, but who's counting?), I have returned to once again wreak havoc in your comments section.

    I've heard about this before, but I never watched it. I ended up watching a couple episodes of the Lizzie Bennet Diaries and Emma Approved (the Emma webseries), but I just couldn't get into them. I dunno. I'm just weird, I guess. *shrugs*

    Anywho, it feels so great to be back on board and commenting on your lovely blog. I loved your little "sleep is for the weak" remark. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back, dear!!!! *throws confetti*

      Yeah, I didn't like it at first (the LBDs) but then I found myself strangely enraptured in the whole story. It was also right around the time I discovered P&P in general. XD And yes, you are weird. But then again, all the best people are, right? ;)

      Glad to have you back!

      Delete
  4. I am so terrible at commenting on the actual day you post things so be prepared for many comments on past posts. ;)
    I believe I am nearing episode 15 of GGF. I haven't completely gotten into it yet but I still enjoy it :) Can I have a Gilbert too? please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problemo. :)
      Yay!! And take your time, no rush. ;)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)