The Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt Tag

Guess what? I was tagged.
 

Morgan tagged me (thanks!) to do the Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt Tag, which sounds perfect. 

rules-
make sure that you link to the creator of this tag- which is this lady
link to who tagged you
tag a friend!

I tag Lilly (blog or Youtube, either one), Mary over at Homestead Your Life, and Sky at further up, further in. 

1: Find an author's name or title with the letter Z in it.  
Weeeell, I think the closest thing I'm going to find with a letter Z in it is The Prisoner of AZkaban.
2: Find a classic.
*does walk of shame from bookshelf* I have no classics. 

3: Find a book with a key on it.
Does it have to look like a key? Or can it just perform the basic key function that opens something? 'Cuz if so,
 
You see that weird metal egg-thingie that those dragons are protecting? Yep, that's a key.

4: Find something on your bookshelf that is not a book.
Easy: My bookends that literally say "Book" and "End", my Harry Potter collectible Wizards card, three little letter blocks, a Cinderella puzzle, glow-in-the-dark stars, and an old doll from when I was a wee lass.

5: Find the oldest book on your shelf.
Book that I've owned the longest: The Sea of Monsters or Tree Castle Island.
Book that was published the longest time ago: The German catholic Bible that I found at a garage sale. That Bible was made in 1898.

6: Find a book with a girl on the cover.
I don't have a lot of typical YA, so this might be hard.
The Lost Hero, The House of Hades, and The Blood of Olympus technically have a girl on their cover, but it's super tiny, so I doubt that counts. Auralia's Colors and Cyndere's Midnight both have a girl on the cover, as well as Daughter of Venice and Gathering Blue

7: Find a book that has an animal on it. 
The Titan's Curse, The Last Olympian, and The Mark of Athena = Pegasus. 
Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star (frog), Secret of the Dragon Sanctuary (dragon).
Harry Potter books = Owl, cat, phoenix, basilisk, hippogriff. 
The Unwanteds = On every cover there is a giant, stone cheetah. 
And the list goes on.

8: Find a book with a male protagonist. 
'Arry Pottuh, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Unwanteds, Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, The Beyonders, Tree Castle Island, Artemis Fowl, Peter and the Starcatchers, The Missing, Dreamhouse Kings, The Cay, and The Giver.
Wow, I had no idea I owned that many with a male protagonist. Huh.

9: Find a book with only words on it.
Zilch. Even my Inkheart copy has a page burning on it (and a salamander).

10: Find a book with illustrations in it. 
That's easy. I have a book from waaaaaay back that I found in my grandparents house. It's My Little Golden Book About God. Before I could even read, I remember turning the pages and just staring at the pretty pictures. 
This picture was my favorite. 
11: Find a book with gold lettering.
Inkheart, and all the Fablehaven books. 

12: Find a diary, true or fictional. 
Do my old journals count? Oh! And I have the Royal Diaries.

13: Find a book written by someone with a common last name (i.e. Smith, Brown)
The Hunger Games by Susanne Collins, Sway by Amber Turner, Tree Castle Island by Jean George, Waiting for Normal by Leslie Conner, and Here, There Be Dragons by James Owen.
Are those common enough?
14: Find a book with a closeup of something on it.
Inkheart has a closeup of a page burning, and The Ravenmaster's Secret has a closeup of a...raven. 

15: Find a book that takes place in the earliest time-period. 
Probably Dove and Sword: A Story of Joan of Arc. It takes place in 1429.

16: Find a hardcover book without a jacket on it.
All the Royal Diaries books, some of my Sisters Grimm books, and the last couple A Series of Unfortunate Events

17: Find a teal/turquoise color book. 
The Lightning Thief, Gathering Blue, Island of Legends, Auralia's Colors, Peter and the Starcatchers, and Whirlwind. 

18: Find a book with stars on it.
I didn't think I had any, but I was forgetting my latest book that I got for my birthday. The Sword of Summer. It's really a beautiful cover. 

19: Find a non-YA book.
Umm, most of my shelf. The only YA books I have are The Hunger Games, Divergent, and...is Artemis Fowl YA? I guess it is. Oh! I guess the Heroes of Olympus are YA. Huh, whodathunk?

Anywho, that's it for this tag. This was fun, getting to know my bookshelf again.

Toodlepip 

Comments

  1. woohoo! I been tagged! Can't wait to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fun tag!! EEEP. And I love that Fablehaven cover. Soooo preeeetty. :O

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's one of my favorites. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)

Popular Posts