February Favorites 2016

My goodness, where does time go? I feel like such a grandma (not that there is anything wrong with grandmas, grandmas are cool) when I go on about how time is going by so fast, and "you kids should enjoy life" *shakes cane*
Book

I'm a big Lindsey Stirling fan, so when I heard that she was writing a book, I got quite excited. She reminds me a lot of my sister actually, which is probably one of the reasons I like her so much. The book was everything I expected and more. It was funny, truthful, and kind of heart wrenching at some parts. 
Music
I can't say Sleeping at Last again, can I? Oh! I know. 
Jamie Grace!!
Mary re-introduced me to her music, and then I found her YouTube videos, and then I found out how awesome of a person she is. She's really funny, totally relatable, and best of all, completely on fire for Christ! Her songs are so great to jam out, and the message in the songs are really uplifting and encouraging. Go you, Jamie Grace, keep being you.

Final Exams According To "Parks And Recreation"

Character
This month I've been getting all sorts of inspiration, all while trying to not let my ideas run away with my heart because I need my heart to be in the editing. I began planning two new book ideas, and with one of them came a character that has stolen my heart. She's just the sweetest, but she doesn't want anyone to know. I won't go on and on about her (believe me, I could), but I will say this. She is most definately like nothing I've ever written about before (even though I have yet to write about her). 

Drink
Blueberry tea for the win!! My mother recently ordered A LOT of blueberry tea, and that is okay with me. It's kind of the greatest thing since peanut butter. 

Food
It's been a really snacky month for me. I've snacked during the day more than ever, and I'm kind of proud of what I've been snacking on. I've never really considered myself a "health freak", but now I've kind of turned into one. My snacks are, instead of chips and crackers, celery and peanut butter, carrots, and best of all, apples.
TV Show

Parks and Recreation. A friend recommended it, but when I tried the first couple of episodes, I wasn't terribly impressed. A couple weeks later, I gave it another go, and it turned out to be one of the funniest shows I've seen in a while. I ended up binge-watching almost all of the episodes (some I did skip, 'cuz they went over the line for me), and I'm sad it's over. 


My sister and brother both started watching it shortly after I did, and now we can laugh and talk about it like the weirdly vague critics we strive to be.
Movie


I don't think this is technically a movie, but oh well. I enjoyed it very much. Colin Firth was what I was expecting when I first watched the 2005 P&P. Though I liked Keira Knightley's Elizabeth Bennet better than Jennifer Ehle, I felt she was more spunky. 

Note: I just remembered that today is a Leap Day!!

And that's the end of February Favorites. I will leave you with this picture of Einstein looking fabulous. 
Albert Einstein wearing fuzzy slippers. I just HAD to repin this.:

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. Ahhh, I love seeing all these February monthly wrap-ups circulating throughout the blogosphere! I always love to read about what people are up to! (Wow, that just made me sound really stalkerish. Hehehe. :P)

    You know, I remember hearing something about Lindsey Stirling writing a book. Is it something I should read? I have honestly no clue what it's about, but I'm always on the lookout for new books! ^_^ (Because I obviously don't have a mile-high TBR pile. Obviously. ;))

    I wasn't all that crazy about P&P '95. It's probably partially because I saw '05 first and had unrealistic expectations for the other version. *cough* Against popular opinion, I actually prefer Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy. (And really, the entire cast.) He will forever be my Darcy <3

    Loved this post, Laura! (And that picture of Einstein wins all!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! And that that doesn't sound stalkerish, I know what you mean. :)

      It's about her life and "rise to fame". It's funny. And goodness, I know NOTHING about mile-high TBR piles. ;D

      2005 will always be my favorite too I think. :)

      Aw, thanks. And that picture is fantastic. XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)