Friday, January 8, 2016

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Spoiler-Free) Review

First off
 



Okay, okay, I'm good. 

I watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens at 10:00 am on December 25th. I was almost shaking I was so excited, but this isn't what I promised. I promised a review. Here we go.


Caution: I am going to say the synopsis that was already out before the movie. If you do not know what this movie is going to be about and want it to remain that way then do not read this next paragraph.

Thirty years after the defeat of the Galactic Empire, the galaxy faces a new threat from the evil Kylo Ren and the First Order. When a defector named Finn crash-lands on a desert planet, he meets Rey, a tough scavenger whose droid contains a top-secret map. Together, the young duo joins forces with Han Solo to make sure the Resistance receives the information.

Synopsis done. You're good.

I'm going to start out with the characters. 
Rey: I cannot stress how much I love her character. She was clearly quite independent and able to handle herself. I've never understood how people in Star Wars seem to understand the beeping of droids as if it's their own language, but she did, so....go her? I loved when she first met Finn...that was hilarious. I am a huge fan of characters who can fight, I mean really fight. 

Finn: I also loved him, but for different reasons. I liked Rey because she was just overall awesome, but I like Finn because of his flaws. His flaws are so...human and relatable

And now for everyone's favorite...


BB-8!!!

I wasn't expecting to like BB-8 as much as I did. He was kind of like the Baymax of Star Wars. He was really funny, and I enjoyed how a droid could have attitude. He was very R2-D2-esque without feeling like a copy. BB-8 is a very special droid who, in many ways, was the most important character in the whole movie. BB-8 made me laugh, BB-8 made me gasp, and BB-8 is what I want for Christmas, birthdays, and every other holiday in between. I just want a house full of BB-8s. Just look at him!! 

BB-8 makes me wonder why I talk to anyone at all. No conversation is now going to be as interesting as a small, orange soccer ball that goes, "OOoooOO, beep beep."

The villain was amazing, and I loved him so much more than I thought I would, plus, awesome lightsaber anybody?

 

It's hard to believe that it's been since 1977 that these wonderful movies first began. One of the best things about this movie is that it feels like Star Wars. It has the same bickering dynamic between the main characters, the same mind-blowing universe that seems so huge, and yes, even the same Millennium Falcon, which I love.

I'm quite excited to have the chance to grow up with these movies since I missed my chance the first time. ;) 

I am in love with this movie, and I want to watch it over and over again. 
This post is getting long enough, so I leave you with this.,.. Go. Watch this movie now.

Toodlepip

4 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaahhhhh!!!

    (Let me just say, I very muchly admire your restraint in making this spoiler-free.)

    I loved this movie, too, and I want to see it again too! I loved all the characters except Kylo Ren. I Do Not Like him, AT ALL. But, anywho, that's another rant for another time ;P

    And just...Rey and Finn. They make me HAPPY, those two do :D

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard to not gush and scream and freak out about...all that happened. ;)

      I love Kylo, though I am VERY unhappy with some of the things he did.

      They're the best. :)

      Delete
  2. Fun review! BB-8 was one of the bigger surprised for me too. I kinda took him for granted at first, and it took me while to realize how much I really loved him! But he has a brilliant personality, and how he was made for the screen is so neat to me! :D And he had such fun relationships with Rey, Finn, and Poe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Couldn't have said it better. :)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)