Thursday, December 3, 2015

November Favorites

Time is going by insanely fast. I can't believe that it's already the end of November, but since it is, we might as well make the best of it.

Book

This book.... This book... I can't even form a full sentence! It's just so...Riordan. It's funny, sad, and completely and utterly enrapturing. I'm really liking the Annabeth appearance, and I love how it makes subtle references to the other series that Riordan has written. This is a fantastic book. and Magnus Chase is a hero that is kind of like a darker Percy. He's had a lot less given to him in life, but he's cool.

Music

I found Sleeping at Last through a friend, and oh my gosh this group is fantastic. Their music is just so utterly beautiful, especially "Saturn", "Tethered", and "Light". 

Character
PARKER
She is just wonderful. She's crazy, hilarious, and really good at what she does. Her lines are great, and she and Hardison make a great team. 

Just look at her happy little smile that she has so much money. 



She's just a fantastic character. 

Drink
Apple cider. Apple cider is the drink of Autumn, and it holds a special place in my heart. I would actually rather have it over hot chocolate. I know, I know, I can hear the gasps in the distance. I have disgraced the name of Winter and Christmas. It's just so good!

Food
Green bean bake. 
Do you know what the staple is of Thanksgiving dinners across America? Not turkey, not mashed potatoes, but green bean bake. This has always been one of my favorite dishes ever, but there's one complication. I'm allergic to green beans. This is one of the best foods in the world, but I can only have it in small quantities, which I suppose only makes it all the more special.

TV Show
Well, what else did you think it'd be? This show is truly fantastic. All of the characters are great, and it's a refreshing makeover to the A-Team's wonderful dynamic. I'm really glad I decided to give it a try. 

Movie

This is the second time I've seen it, and this time it was harder to watch because of a certain character. 

Robin Hood aka Jonas Armstrong. The first time I saw the movie, I hadn't seen Robin Hood, so I had no idea that it was in fact Robin Hood fighting aliens. And it was really sad because Spoiler: he dies. 
So that was a fun reminder. 
This movie was highly enjoyable to watch. I mean, aliens, explosions, and originality =  the recipe for a fun movie. 

Toodlepip

2 comments:

  1. PARKEEEEERRRRRRRR :D <3

    Haha! Robin??? He looks…so OLD…and of course he dies. I mean, they can't have Robin stay ALIVE at any time, can they? *scowls*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so great. :D

      He does look so old. Just for once can we get a nice happy ending ending where he rides off into the sunset with Marian. Please??

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)