Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Prince Caspian Thoughts

You all may hate me for posting another Narnia related post, but none-the-less, I'm still gonna post it.
So here it is, Prince Caspian Thoughts.

Disclaimer: I know that the movie is very different from the books in many ways, but I'm not going to be addressing that in this post otherwise that would be...a whole different post (which is actually coming up soon). 

The first one was a lot of fun to do, so I decided why not do another? And you all know my love for the Chronicles of Narnia is just too great.

Alright...a woman is having a baby... And the servant is bringing...is that wine? Well I guess it would be appropriate. "Hey, you just gave birth to the equivalent of a watermelon, but let's drink!"  I'm just kidding, I'm sure it was water...or something.

Lord Miraz: I hear my general running to tell me that I have a kid. I wonder what gender it is... Either way I can stare out this window dramatically and say something really profound. "The heavens have smiled upon us." That sounded a lot better in my head. Ooo, now I'll be all ambiguous and unnecessarily vague. "You know your orders."

I kid you not, that was what was going on in his head.

Yay!! Ben Barnes is awesome. And he has incredible aim with that spear! I suppose that he would, I mean, he's a prince and all. Wow, there's a lot of galloping in this. 

Ooof, outran a Telmarine army and he's taken out by a tree branch. You're really lucky no one saw that. 

Aww, it's been a year?? If I had been in their shoes, I don't know how I would have been able to stand it. 

"Look like you're talking to me." "We are talking to you." Edmund's sass gives me life. He's so great.

This moment... This moment is just so peaceful. They're back in Narnia, and everything is right again in the world. It's so carefree and kind and simple. I know that I'm probably crazy for loving Narnia as much as I do, but once a Narnian, always a Narnian. Right?

That would be so weird to see the home that I remember so well destroyed and ruined.
"I was so tall." "Well, you were older then." 
And then seeing a statue of your older self that's really old. 

And then the music starts to play and Susan nocks an arrow. This is it. I love this moment. 

And there he is, Ben Barnes with a bandage. It's weird to see him now because I just saw him in Seventh Son, and he's so much older looking in that movie, but here he's a lot younger. 

I wonder where they filmed this, because it's really beautiful. I know that a lot of it is green screen, but what isn't is breathtaking. 

Yay!!! Reepicheep. "You are a mouse." "I was hoping for something a little more original." Reepicheep is my spirit animal. He's a tiny little warrior, and he's ma bro. 

The soundtrack for this is absolutely stunning. I seriously love this music. I always feel nostalgic when I listen to it. 

Oh my word, the forest is so beautiful. I have got to go to New Zealand. That's where they filmed most of this, and LOTR. So that destination just rose up a couple places on my list. 

I love their meeting. "I thought you'd be older." "Well, if you like, we can come back in a few years."

"Oh my gosh, he's so cute." "WHO SAID THAT!" Reepicheep is the best. Lucy and Reepicheep's relationship over the course of this movie and the next is so funny. 

Have I mentioned that I love this soundtrack? 

These movies are so precious to me. Not only because they were my first "scary" movie when I was little and because I've watched them at least once a year since I was five (that's over half my life), but because it inspired my writing so hugely. 

"We can collect nuts." "Yes, and throw them at the Telmarines!"
Oh Reepicheep... Even in the face of danger you have the spirit to be so hilarious and loveable.

"I think we've waited for Aslan long enough." That line saddens me for some reason. It's like they've almost outgrown him. And Peter is my favorite right now, so it's sad to see him say something like that. To me, that line is the epitome of losing hope in something and taking charge yourself. In the end, you're just going to get burned.

Ooo, yeah, super secret night invasion of the castle. Nothing can go wrong. At all. <---- Sarcasm. There needs to be a sarcasm font. 

You know, if I was fighting in close quarters with a bow and arrow, I would want a sword, but Susan seems to be rocking it. 

I hate the part where the Narnians get left behind in the fight, being picked off by crossbows. I really hate that moment. I humanize things. I start thinking about real life and how dieing in a part of war, and then I start thinking about how so many people lose their life every day, and then it just goes downhill from there.

Great, now Lord Miraz is king. That is just fantastic. But at least he gets an epic song to ascend to the throne to. This is an amazing song. 


The white witch seems so kind and alluring here. She looks like she could be a good guy, resting in the ice, playing to the human greed for power, but luckily Peter and Edmund get there in time. And this song!!! I know I'm totally freaking out over the soundtrack, but it is just so dang amazing. 

Yay for Edmund!!! He's the real MVP. Peter was about to give in to Jadis, but Edmund knew that he had to take action. He is seriously an awesome character. 

When I watched Seventh Son, Caspian didn't have an accent, and so I couldn't take him seriously because I can never picture him without an accent. 

There goes Caspian, being all smart and crafty, suggesting a duel. 

"This is not a question of bravery." "So you're bravely refusing to fight a swordsman half your age."
Edmund's sass, once again, is awesome. 

"There is still time to surrender." "Well feel free." I guess Edmund isn't the only one with sass. 


I've always liked Susan's armor because it's so practical. Most armor is really dumb, but her's is something that is actually good for fighting. 

Uhg, those Telmarines are awful. They started this, but the Narnians are gonna finish it. They have such a good strategy. Those Telmarines don't stand a chance.

"You're a mouse." "You people have no imagination!" Oh Reepicheep... Where can I buy one? They all look so epic in a slo-mo run. I guess that's the point. Plus, this song makes anything epic.

Alsan!! He's back!!

And the trees are here to help! Aww, don't die little tree. Yes, you go big tree, avenge your friend.

FOR ASLAN!!! I love that battlecry. 

Ahh, the good ol' river-giant-flood-the-bad-guy trick. Classic. 

Everything is saved and everybody is happy. Peace is once again restored to Narnia. Aww, this is Peter and Susan's last time in Narnia. This is really sad. 

Oh man, and the Call just started playing. This is the most heartbreaking song ever. Wow, dis song gives me all the feels. I don't know how I could ever go back. This is the saddest part for me. Though I do love this song. 

Anywho, roll credits.

Toodlepip

2 comments:

  1. This post is awesome;)

    I KNOW I KNOW "THE CALL" JUST WHY. Allllllll the feels happen when I hear that song.

    Do you know, there are actually parts I haven't yet seen in this?

    I knoooow--Edmund's line are so awesome:D "We ARE talking to you."

    I enjoyed your thoughts, m'dear gel!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That song gets me every time.

      Really? Well you should rewatch it! 'Tis truly fantastic. :)

      Thanks!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)