Birthday Celebrations and All That Sentimental Nonsense

Wazzup? Guess what day it is? Nope, it's not my birthday. It's two days after my birthday, but that still counts.

My birthday this year was one of the best ones I have ever had. For the past couple years, we haven't really done birthday parties, and to be honest, I like it better that way. We take the day and go do things that the person would enjoy, and we just have fun as a family.
Well, my day started out with carrot cake pancakes and bacon. In case you don't know, carrot cake or red velvet cake is my favorite, but we couldn't very well have red velvet pancakes, so carrot cake pancakes was amazing. From there, we played a board game and then went to Ballard to peruse an amazing bookstore. Then, we walked around Ballard and found a shop that sold drinking chocolate and...get this, BUTTERBEER!!!! Of course I had to try some.

We walked around the Ballard Sunday Farmer's Market and tried the many samples that were there. I loved just meandering around the stands and seeing all the brightly colored flowers, vegetables, clay pots, and all sorts of other things.

Panda Express was next because let's be honest, Panda Express is amazing. At first when I started eating, I felt kind of guilty because I had carrot cake pancakes for breakfast and there was a lot of sugar in the Butterbeer and drinking chocolate, but I realized, "It's my birthday, calories don't count on birthdays." And I kept on stuffing my face.

We went to the movie theater to see a movie that I have been excited for since it came out, Jurassic World. We even saw it in 3D! That was pretty amazing. It was really such a good movie. I loved how they just kept raising the stakes, instead of keeping it at the same level. One thing after another just kept going wrong, and it was so awesome. The ending was kind of unexpected (how the conflict was resolved), but it did make sense. It was also extremely comical, so I enjoyed that. It's always nice to have those funny moments. 

For dinner we had ravioli (my favorite) and cheesecake (also my favorite)!!

Overall today has been amazing. From my sister and brother, I got a T.A.R.D.I.S. mug. 
The detail on it is really cool, and it seems like a quality mug.  I also got a book that I have been dying to read. It's by Rick Riordan, author of the Percy Jackson series, and you all know how much I love that. It's Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard. It came out on October 6th, and I had been counting down the days until I could check it out from the library. Well now I own it!  

This birthday has been such an amazing one, and I am just so lucky to have a family that is willing to put so much into making me feel loved. 

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday, Laura!! Sounds like it was a pretty amazing birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday, from all of us to you! Sounds like you had a bunch of fun! Jurassic World in 3D? I don't think I could handle that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My birthday was a blast. And Jurassic World in 3D was epic/scary. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! That Tardis mug is extremely cool -- you have great siblings, clearly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)

Popular Posts