Sunday, September 27, 2015

Five Favorite Male Characters Tag


Ladies and gentlemen! I was once again tagged. Oh what jovial merriment! I was tagged to do the Five Favorite Male Characters (book or screen), and I am more than happy to oblige. 

I'm sure some of the characters from my Top Ten Screen Characters will sneak in, but I'll do my best. :)

Disclaimer: I may not be thinking of some characters that I like. So these are just the ones I can think of now; these aren't my all time favorites forever and ever...except Percy; Percy is forever. 
Rules:
1.) List 5 of your favorite male characters (book or screen)
2.) Tagging other people is optional
3.) If you are tagged, link back to the person that tagged you
4.) Link back to Revealed In Time (preferably using the link to this post)
~ ~ ~
Choose one from each category.
1.) Hero
2.) Villain
3.) Anti-hero
4.) Best book-to-screen adaption
5.) Best character perception 


#1. The Hero

Note: The movies were an abomination; I am just using a picture from the movies because that was the only one I could find.

I am a Percy Jackson fan through and through, and I have been for a long time. Percy Jackson is ma bro. When we first meet him, he's an awkward twelve year old who has no idea what the heck is going on but as the series goes on, he becomes a confidant, awesome warrior who is still awkward but is a natural leader. He's loyal to a fault *wink*, and he is such a hero. 

#2. The Villain
Did you miss me?
I am a sucker for a good psychopath, and I feel like Moriarty is the best. He's so changeable and unpredictable, and he has style, like, serious style. He's a dangerous opponent, and I love that he actually needs Sherlock, and he understands the dynamic between them and how much they complete each other in a twisted way of cop and robber.

#3. The Anti-Hero
Artemis Fowl 
Artemis Fowl was my favorite book series for a while (before I found Percy Jackson). Artemis is a stuck up, sociopathic, rich boy who thinks the world is his. He becomes a better person throughout the series, but he's a thief, a liar, and overall a devious person; however, those he cares about know that they are always protected because if Artemis Fowl is nothing else, he is protective and loyal to those who have earned it. His character development is astounding, but he always maintains that devious spark.

#4. Best book to movie adaptation. 
He looks like a mouse.
You know me. I really like Bilbo Baggins. He's the first Middle-earth adventurer that I ever tagged along with, he was the first character that I truly just loved to relate to, and he was funny and wonderful. When I heard the news that they were making a Hobbit film, I was a bit skeptical. How was I ever going to be able to see this movie and take it seriously when I just knew that I would be disappointed because nothing could ever match up to the Bilbo that I knew, but Martin Freeman really rocked it. He was the perfect picture of what Bilbo was. I loved that the character was portrayed so well. Some may not agree with me, and that's your opinion, but I really do think that Bilbo was Bilbo. 

#5. Best character perception. 

I think that Walt...I mean Tom Hanks had such a wonderful idea of who Walt Disney was. Many people imagine him as an away-in-the-clouds superhero to be looked up to and admired for his genius. To me, he's kind of like a fictitious character from long ago, but the way Tom Hanks portrayed him... He was a dreamer for sure, but he was also down to earth, and he could understand things deeply. I think Tom Hanks should have won all the awards for this performance. All of them. 

Anywho, those are some of my favorite male characters, and I know it said that tagging people was optional, but I want to tag someone and keep the line going, but I just don't have a lot of people! Golly. Erm... 

Alina
If you accept this tag, know that it comes with great responsibility. ;)

Rosie
If you see this, I would love to know what your favorites are. 

Honor
Yes, I'm tagging you. Deal with it. :)

Riley
Let's see what you come up with. ;) 

There, I've tagged you. And if you are dying to do this tag then go right ahead. 


Toodlepip

6 comments:

  1. Yaysies! Thanks for doing it:) Yep, Moriarty is pretty fun. I love at the showdown at the pool when John's in the explosives and Sherlock's freaking out and Moriarty's having too much fun with it;P Hahaha, when the phone rings, and he and Sherlock have that little banter: *mouths* "Sorry." *shakes head* "It's fine." XD

    And Martin Freeman was pretty epic as Bilbo, you're right:D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)