Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Heat Made Me Do It

This summer so far has been a sunny one. But the other day I went outside for five minutes, and I felt like a melting Popsicle. When these kinds of days swing around, I am very grateful that I have a fan and a glass of ice-water at my disposal.

Everyone has all these crazy stories about heatwaves. Like way back when they were younger, and they did crazy things to get cool.  Well, I just do crazy things in general during the heat.

Story time: One very hot summer morning, my mother asked me to take out the recycling. I agreed, grabbing the bag and making my way towards the door. I opened our front door, my confidence and joy high. 
That's an understatement.
Well, as soon as I opened the door, our neighbors across the street were leaving their house as well. We were both directly across from each other and we both locked eyes. I froze because of what I was wearing. On very hot nights I wear a pair of pajama shorts that are really short, and I usually stay in my pajamas all day. So that particular day I was wearing those short shorts that I only feel comfortable wearing around the house. Well, I felt a little bit embarrassed to be seen in those shorts, so I panicked, and I...kind of shut the door. So pretty much I opened the door, saw them (and they saw me) and shut the door. Uhg!! Can I die now?
That is just one of the many horrifying stories from my past. 

One day I'll end up doing something even more insane, and I'll have to go to court, and my best defense will be, "The heat made me do it!" It'll be a disaster.

So, this post is my farewell to the sunniness of summer, may it have not brought you embarrassing stories to tell your grandchildren one day. 

Toodlepip

8 comments:

  1. I too wear my pajama super short shorts and a cami all day when it's hot out, so I can relate. Although there have never been any neighbors out when I've had to go to the driveway. I sympathies with your suffering, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfort before dignity, I suppose. :)

      Delete
  2. You posted a comment on my Gilmore Girls review post a few weeks ago and I've just now found your site! It's so pretty! Thanks for the comment as well and yes Gilmore Girls is awesome : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      My sister and I actually finished Gilmore Girls for the first time yesterday. Now we don't know what to do with ourselves! :)

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! *ahem* I totally understand what you mean, though. It's so awkward encountering people in your pajamas. Especially if they see you before you duck away. Similar things have happened to me, I assure you;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it's never a fun experience, but it's good to know I am not alone in this embarrassment. :)

      Delete
  4. Come, come darlin, you haven't been embarrassed until you're in your pajamas and bathrobe (a thick awkward blue bathrobe mind you), up at the end of your street, holding two untameable chickens under your arms (someone just happened to drive by at that moment too). True story. *raises imaginary glass for a toast*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I know it's a true story. I have heard it many a time, and it never ceases to make me chuckle. Not that I am laughing at your traumatizing encounter, but... Well, it's really funny. ;)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)