July Favorites

Well, it's the end of the month, and with that comes my Favorites post. Is this completely unsolicited? Anywho, here goes.

Book
Image result for mistborn

This book is one that I was excited to read. I won't say much about it because I plan on doing a review. But I will say this. I enjoyed it greatly.

Music
As I have recently become enamored with the Tinkerbell franchise, I have become equally obsessed with the soundtrack. My favorite songs are Float and Strange Sights. They are so fun, but have a lot of emotion behind them. It's the perfect mix of whimsical and something a bit...more.

Character
Since I have been writing so much, I've been developing a character that I have grown to adore. At first I thought he was...definitely flawed, but he's now verging on charming rapscallion. Griffen. He has a bit of a Peter Pan complex. Even though he is almost twenty, he acts as if he is fourteen without a responsibility. I do have a ball writing about him.
Drink
 I am so glad for this part. We got new tea!! I got so many new flavors. I am so excited to try them all. I have Orange Spice, Moroccan Mint, Lemon Ginger, etc.  When it starts getting cold again, I'm going to be very excited to have that to drink. Whenever I think of tea, I imagine myself by a fire with a book or a notebook, sipping a mug of steaming tea. Of course I have never once done that, but I enjoy the picturesque nature of it. 
Food
For my mother's birthday, we made homemade orange chicken. It was really good, but it wasn't as unhealthy as some of the other store bought orange chicken. 
TV Show
I actually don't have a new one. Though I have been watching some re-runs of Agents of Shield. It was before...everything awful happened. Other than that I haven't really watched a whole lot of anything. I've been focusing more on productive things.

Movie

My sister and I went to see this in theaters. I expected it to be good - it's Pixar, for heavens sake - but I didn't expect it to be so charming and infectiously hilarious. It was so worth the money to see it. When it comes out to DVD, I want to buy it. 

Side note:
                                     
When I saw the father's Anger, all I could think about was John Watson's mustache. 

And I think that wraps it up.
Toodlepip

Comments

  1. Inside Out!!!!! Isn't it awesome?! I like how you explained it--charming and infectiously hilarious:) It felt so sympathetic towards adolescent girls, yet was also a sort of reminder, "Hey, darlin', don't get too caught up in what's going on in your mind/emotions; you can laugh at yourself sometimes." I really appreciated that aspect of it:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and YOUR HEADER! Yay happies!!! You picked fantastic pictures; I really like it:D

      Delete
    2. I agree, it was really nice because it didn't feel like it was just dismissing all the valid emotions. It was very well done. :)

      Thanks!! I have gone a little header crazy (it's so addicting!) and I have a ton to use now. I'm excited to show them off and see what people think. ;) It is so much fun!!!!! How did I not do this more often before? What was my life like? Haha.

      Delete
  2. Ah I loved Inside Out! Especially since I've always been fond of reminding people that without sorrow there would be no joy. The movie really put that into perspective, and I think it's easy to forget that.

    Also, love the mustache comparison. I can't believe I didn't think of that, but that's all I can see now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. You can't enjoy the good moments without the bad ones.

      I know, once I thought of it, I could see nothing else.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)