The Liebster Award

I love being tagged. It is so fun to answer questions.

This one came with no rules, no restrictions, and no names attached, except for the name Olivia. I am going rogue on this one. :)


Do you have a favorite mug or teacup?
Oh yeah. I have a favorite everything. It's a big mug with earthy tones, and the edge of it is blue and green. I am quite partial to that mug.

Are you an adventurous eater?  (Do you try "strange" foods?)
Once again, oh yeah. I will try anything once. The strangest foods that I have eaten are octopus and squid. I haven't had a whole lot of chances to eat odd things, but I am totally open to it.

What fandoms are you into?
Oh boy.... This might take a while. I'll only post the first ones that comes to mind. I won't think too hard about it. First and foremost...       
Percy Jackson 
Harry Potter 
Doctor Who
Sherlock
Disney
Psych
Studio C
Marvel 
Star Wars
Once Upon a Time
Arrow
Flash
Grimm
Agents of Shield
Phantom of the Opera
Lord of the Rings
BBC Robin Hood
Scorpion
Sisters Grimm

And probably a few that I'm not thinking of. NOTE: These are in no particular order. I wrote them as they came to me. 

What famous author/book do you not really care for?
Well, that's pretty easy. Stephanie Meyers and John Green. 
I have never read Twilight, and I do not care to. I'm very happy for her that she is so successful, but I am not particularly fond of that...style of book. John Green is an excellent writer, but the over-hype on his books really just killed it for me, and I'm not a huge contemporary-romance-kind-of-book person.

What obscure author/book are you nuts about?
Jeffrey Overstreet. The book Auralia's Colors really opened my mind to a world of description and rich detail that I had never known before. I am still crazy about it to this day. 

What's the oldest movie you've ever watched?
An Alfred Hitchcock silent movie. A couple years ago, my siblings and I were home alone, and we decided to go through the old VHS tapes that we had laying around. We popped in the first one, turned out all the lights, and huddled together to watch this silent, black and white movie. It started out okay, but it turns out it was a horror movie. In retrospect it wasn't that scary, but in a dark house... It was awful. The story line was pretty confusing for us kids, but the gist of it was that a group of people went into this old house and started getting murdered one by one. Cheery movie, I know.


What did you have for breakfast today?
I had...oatmeal. Usually I have a measly breakfast of bacon and a carrot, but this morning was a good breakfast. 

When did you first see your favorite movie?
Oh golly gee, that's a hard one. I need categories!! i.e. favorite Disney movie, favorite Marvel movie, favorite Fantasy movie. Without categories I fall into a catatonic state of indecisiveness. 
I am going to pick the animated category, so HA!! 
I have two animated movies that are very near and dear to my heart. 
Look at how gorgeous that poster is!!

I don't remember seeing it for the first time. But I do remember watching The Prince of Egypt with two of the little girls my sister babysat. Their unveiled wonderment towards the movie was so cool to see. It was like seeing it for the first time through their eyes. 
Do you prefer fantasy or sci-fi?
Oh, definitely fantasy. As much as I enjoy both, I prefer fantasy. It's the one I prefer to write, read, and watch. 
It was my main pretend world when I was younger. I dreamed of going through wardrobes and being transported to different lands where anything could happen. In a way, sci-fi is similar, but fantasy will always be my favorite.

What did you expect your blog to be like when you started it?
I don't think I really had an intention or theme that I wanted to pursue. I definitely never expected anyone to read my blog. I don't have a huge following, but I do have a few that read my blog, and even that is surprising. I don't find my life or personality all that interesting so when someone reads anything on my blog, it makes me feel like I am a little more interesting than I originally thought.

Has it changed?  If so, how?
Since I didn't really have a purpose, it hasn't really changed. Though I do like it better now than I did when I started it. At the time I was posting every day, and struggling to make my posts full and even the slightest bit engaging. Needless to say, I failed miserably, but I like the turn it's taken (for the better I hope).

So...am I supposed to tag people? Here goes.

Riley
Rosie
...gosh, who else do I know in the blogger world??
Um, well, that's all I got. 

With that, I bid adieu.
Toodlepip

Comments

  1. Gosh squid and octopus! (I don't think I could be that brave:) And yeah, Twilight seems pretty Nah... from what I know of it:) I'm going to have to watch Treasure Planet now to complete my goal of watching every animated Disney movie... I didn't think it was that interesting but I may turn out to be wrong.

    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved trying new things.

      Oh yeah, Treasure Planet is (in my opinion) very far from boring. I mean, it's a space Treasure Island. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)

Popular Posts