Saturday, July 25, 2015

The 10th Anniversary.

July 1st, 2005 was a monumental day for all of America. Or rather the world. It has been ten years since this glorious day that changed the world.

Image result for pjo cover

The day this book was first published. Yes, I know this isn't the current cover, but I will always prefer these hand drawn covers. It's insane to think that it's been ten years. Now, I didn't start reading these books right away. It was four years after the first book came out. But that still means that I've been reading these books for a while. And even though the last book in the Heroes of Olympus (it's a sequel series) came out in October, I have read and re-read these books twice since then. Percy Jackson and the Olympians has never ceased to amaze me. Some may say I am a bit obsessed, and I would have to agree with them. But at least I'm not obsessed with something bad, right? Most parents would be glad to have a kid obsessed with a book series. 

The story is amazing and inspiring. The writing is engaging and intense. The world is something I would go to in a heartbeat. I want to go to the empire state building and ask for the 600th floor, but I feel that would end awkwardly and awfully. 

So true.

The Percy Jackson series has touched my life in many ways. It made me a better writer, it gave a different perspective on some things, and it gave me a friend for all those times I felt alone. I don't know if I will ever find a series as good, or as meaningful to me.
And Happy Birthday, PJO!!So, Happy 10th anniversary PJO fans.

Toodlepip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)