Masquerade.

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade...

Masquerade. 


Well, I have officially gone to my first masquerade. It was a Phantom of the Opera theme, and it was glorious. Everyone was in beautiful, colorful dresses, and I wore a plain black dress. I felt like I was in a funeral dress, but it was all I had. 

The evening started out with chatting and pictures. Then food and speeches. The food was amazing. Pasta, fruit, and vegetable salad were available, along with watermelon, little plums, and olives. There were hamburgers and hot dogs. And the drinks were just as amazing. There was lemon infused water, strawberry lemonade, and mint-rose water. They were all so good!

Then there was dessert. It was an ice cream sundae. They had chocolate sauce, nuts, caramel, cherries, and whipped cream. After dessert was dancing. Now, I never thought that I really enjoyed dancing, but I have discovered that I do. For the rest of the evening there was off and on dancing. And I learned a new dance. It's not as hard as I thought it would be, but it is really fun. 

Soon, I changed into some more...comfortable clothes (thanks again), and we had a pushups contest, a quack-diddly-oso (Is that how you spell it?) marathon, and we almost had a chicken fight.
Not like an actual chicken fight, but the ones that you usually do in the pool, where it's safer.

Overall the evening was a wonderful first masquerade for me, and I had a lot of fun. 

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. YOU WENT TO A MASQUERADE BALL!!! That is soooooo exciting! Oh my gosh. So cool:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It was so much fun! I hope that I can attend more.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)