LOTR Tag

Thank you to myself for tagging me.

1.  How were you first introduced to LotR/TH and was it love at first sight/read?
I was first introduced when I was about...ten. It was one stormy afternoon when the cloaked stranger knocked on my door. He never uttered a word. His only movement was to hold out a weathered scroll. I unfurled the scroll, my hands trembling, to read, "It is your time to discover a world that you have never before known. A world of wonder, excitement, and discovery. Good luck." The hooded figure then slowly retreated back into the dark and stormy night.

Just kidding, though that would have been epic. I had heard about LOTR for a couple months before I was allowed to watch it. At the time I didn't know it was a book series. All I knew was that it was a movie I wasn't allowed to watch yet, and because of that, I wanted to watch it with all my heart. So when my mother finally brought it down and put it in the DVD player, I was bouncing up and down with excitement. After that first movie I lived and breathed LOTR and The Hobbit. 

2.  If you could meet the actors who portray the characters in the movies, would you?
Yeah, I would. I think that would be really cool. I would especially want to meet Billy Boyd, Orlando Bloom, and Ian Mckellen. 

3.  What is your favorite song from LotR/TH?
That's a hard one. I would have to say..."The Last Goodbye" from The Hobbit, (Far Over) "The Misty Mountains Cold" or "Pippen's Song/Edge of Night". 

4.  The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit - which is your favorite?  *evil laugh*  (And no, you don't actually have to decide.  I'm merciful like that. *magnanimous smile*)
Goodness, I'm not going to answer that. That's like picking a favorite child, and since I haven't seen/read the LOTR trilogy in a while, it wouldn't be fair to pick. Of the movies, I like LOTR better, but of the books, I think I like The Hobbit better. Wow, I just said I wouldn't pick and I did. Look what that fool of a question did to me! 

5.  Who is your favorite all-around character?
Great, another hard one. From the LOTR trilogy...Samwise. I never pick the main character, ever. I think that Samwise is such a loyal friend and has more strength than Frodo. I know that's harsh to say, but I think it's true. Can you imagine the endurance and kindness that it would have taken to deal with Frodo? Yes, it was the ring affecting Frodo and making him insufferable, but still, that would have been hard to deal with. I also really like Pippen and Aragorn.

6.  What is your opinion on Boromir?
Okay, you guys are going to kill me, but I don't remember him all that well. I'm sorry!!
I quote this too often. :)
7.  How many times have you watched the movies/read the books?
I've watched the LOTR movies twice and read the books twice. I've seen the Hobbit movies once and read the book...four times. 

8.  What book is your favorite?
Urmm, I would have to say the Hobbit, and before anyone becomes disappointed in me, I must say that I read the Hobbit book first. I was little, and I hadn't quite yet mastered the art of reading books bigger than a fridge. The Hobbit is the book that I loved first, and I seem to just have a un-instigated loyalty to Bilbo.

9.  Who is your favorite female character (other than your answer to question #5)?
Female...definitely Arwen. I honestly don't remember why (I know, shameful) I just remember being awed by her when I was younger and watched the movies for the first time. 

10.  Who is your favorite male character (other than your answer to question #5)?
Other than Samwise or Aragorn, I choose Gimli or Legolas. 
I love Gimli's and Legolas' competition/resentment with each other, and then it slowly grows into respect. I like Gimli because he's so funny
Why did his hair change color?


I could go on and on forever with Gimli, but I should move on to Legolas.
Legolas Greenleaf is a stuck up, mightier-than-thou elf with what I'm positive is a bad case of narcissism. 
Just look at that smirk on Legolas' face. He is quite pleased with himself. 
But through the series, he changes into a bit more humble, a bit more understanding, and a bit more kind person. 

So yeah! Those would be my second choices.


11.  Which of the movies, in your opinion, has the best ending?
The last Hobbit movie. The Battle of the Five Armies. Even with the sadness of it ending, because let's be honest, who doesn't want these movies to go on forever?  To be honest, I cried when it ended. Though it didn't help that Billy Boyd was just adding fuel to the fire of feels. I was sitting there silently crying in the dark theater, and when the lights came back on, everyone could see that I had teared up.

My brother patted me on the back and said "It's just a movie."


I like how everything was wrapped up, everyone was where they should be, and there was once again peace. I like that. 

Anywho, thanks again me for tagging me. It was fun.

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. This is a fantastics tag!! Mind if I am "Tagged" by you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LAURA! I started this tag back before I met you, and YOU FOUND IT! I am so squeefully happy that you did it:D

    I know, I was awed by Arwen, too. Plus, she's just…cool.

    TBOTFA has an awesome ending. AND YES BILLY BOYD WHY BUT THANK YOU. Haha, those Sherlock gifs, though;D I KNOOOOWWW…it was a peaceful ending. Because even though we had to say goodbye, it left us with the feeling, "It's all right…it will be okay."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started reading your blog, I went through all the posts (I know, Imma stalker), and I found this. I just HAD to do it.

      When the trailer for TBOTFA came out, I was hoping that some certain deaths that happened in the book wouldn't happen in the movies. Wishful thinking, I know.
      It was such a good movie, deaths and all. :'(

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)