Cowboys and Aliens Review

This is the second post for Western Week! Don't miss out on the first one.

Here it is!! The weird, unorthodox rendition of a cowboys and Indians rootin' tootin' good ol' time in the wil' wil' west. With it's random poster choices.




CAN YOU SETTLE ON ONE!!
We don't need a million different posters.
And it's even more random casting choices.
Starring HAN SOLO!! 

That guy from Flubber that always weirded me out.

Oh, and James Bond.


Summary: courtesy of Google
Bearing a mysterious metal shackle on his wrist, an amnesiac gunslinger wanders into a frontier town called Absolution. He quickly finds that strangers are unwelcome, and no one does anything without the approval of tyrannical Col. Dolarhyde. But when Absolution faces a threat from beyond Earth, the stranger finds that he is its only hope of salvation. He unites townspeople, outlaws and Apache warriors against the alien forces in an epic battle for survival.

First Impression
When I first started this movie, I was confused, unimpressed, and wishing I hadn't decided to watch it. The aliens were weird and the dialogue was forced. It's only redeeming quality was the sets and the costumes. Oh, and Harrison Ford.
Pro)(Cons
  3    a lot
But as I kept watching, I found myself wanting my questions answered. I found myself leaning forward in my seat during the intense moments. Before I knew it, the credits were rolling and I was oddly entertained. I had enjoyed the movie. It was like a really cool car crash with alien tech and costumes.  When my brother watched it for the first time (he hadn't seen it with the family), I couldn't help it, I found myself drifting back over to the couch to re-watch my favorite parts. It was weirdly awesome. The second time watching it was definitely better because I could see the subtle foreshadowing, the character development, and the story arcs.

PG-13 For:
A woman is naked, but only her shoulders and back are seen. Kissing. You know, mushy gushy stuff for married people. :)

An alien gets melted. An alien gets stabbed. An alien gets shot. An alien gets punched. Someone dies. You get the picture. It's definitely not for someone with a squeamish stomach or a small child.

There is some swearing. S-words, b-words, other degrading terms towards women, a reference to...(how do I put this delicately) boy parts.

Drinking.

Rating and Overview
Overall, this movie was weird, overdone, and dramatic. But it was entertaining. It made you want to keep watching, and that's all that matters in the end, right? I do wish that the swearing and things like that could have been taken out.

I give this movie...
3 stars.
What I want to see is this movie done to the equivalent of those really bad mid-1900's Batman movies. I want cheesy rubber alien suits, lines like



Yes! Give me rubber masks and spandex or give me death!!

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. That last gif... omg, I forgot about that part.

    Also, LOVE your new header! How did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I made it in Picmonkey. It's such an easy, awesome way to make headers.
      Wow, I sound like an advertisement. :)

      Delete
  2. Hahaha "give me spandex or give me death!" XD

    SO. This definitely looks like a weird one, but...it's Harrison Ford, and one does not simply dismiss any work of Harrison Ford's without duly considering first;)

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this movie is definitely a weird one. :)

      I really enjoyed writing this review. It was a lot of fun. Western Week was a blast to take part in. Even if this was an...interesting movie to pick. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)

Popular Posts