Chicken Run

Oh boy. I am trying to calm down, but heart is still pounding like crazy and I am still super tense. Today, after dinner, I heard some shouts and yells of distress, as well as mad barking. I ran out, and I saw my brother running around the yard chasing a dog, my mom was rushing to help. After the dogs ran out of the yard and went back to where they came from, my mom filled me in on what happened. The dogs had gotten loose (they came from three houses down) and had run into the woods behind our house, from there they came into our yard and saw our chickens as a wonderful ending to a great day of freedom. Well, all of the chickens scattered, running for their lives. One of the dogs got one of them for sure. We found it dead in a bush, but the other four were unaccounted for. After an hour of walking through the woods, our yard, and the neighborhood, we found three of the four that were missing. Unfortunately we haven't found the last chicken and it's presumed dead. Officially it's MIA, but in other words, it's dead. :(
My mom was really attached to these chickens because we raised them from chicks, so it's sad to see one dead and the other...probably dead. I'm still hanging on to hope for the last chicken. The saddest part is, we lost a baby rabbit two days ago and now the chickens.

On a happier note, I got back from a ten mile bike ride, and I can say now that it was fun. During the bike-ride, I was dying, wishing with all my might that meteor would fall from the sky and take me out of my misery and half hearted pedaling.  Even worse news is that we're going to start bike riding a lot more. Yippee!






I've been obsessively listening to "Do You Hear the People Sing." even though I have never actually seen Les Miserables. It's just so awesome!! It makes me want to start the French Revolution...again. Anywho, I really want to see Les Miserables, but I don't know if I actually will. Who knows?

Oh good, my brother just found the last missing chicken. It seems to be okay, but it is missing some feathers and there are two puncture wounds where the dog bit it. I hope she pulls through. Fingers crossed. :)

Toodlepip


Comments