Friday, July 10, 2015

Camping

Where to start...
The past four day were absolute paradise. It was filled with water, sunshine, and s'mores. I loved it. I should start from the beginning.

Day 1.
After a long drive of music, laughter, and idle chatter, we arrived at our mossy paradise. We set up our tents and decided to take a stroll down to the beach a couple campsites down. Ahh, you should have seen it. It was like something from a story. The water was a serene body of crystalline blue. It was cool enough to ward off the heat, but warm enough to be pleasant. It's funny, I actually like swimming in cold water. So while everyone was shivering, I was quite comfortable with the water temperature. Dinner was a delicious traditional Mexican dish that delighted everyone's palette. tacos. We had s'mores and headed to bed pretty early. That night was one of the worst nights sleep I've ever had. The ground was really hard (I had no ground-pad) and my pillow was damp and I was too hot and...it was uncomfortable.

Day 2.
That morning was a pretty casual breakfast and lunch. We played a ton of games, and then went swimming. Ever since we arrived, I had been curios about the little island in the middle of the lake, and I asked if my brother and sister wanted to swim out to it. They agreed wholeheartedly, so we started to swim out. By the time we got past the No Wake zone for regular swimmers, I was exhausted. I decided to sit it out and wait for them on the buoys. But then I decided that, you know what? This is a one time thing, what's the worst that can happen? I cramp up, can't swim, and end up drowning. I decided to go for it. So I swam out to the island with my siblings. The freaky thing was, when we got closer to the island, my brother started talking about how in those movies - when everyone is laughing and talking, completely at ease (how we were) - that's when the leaches and/or sea creatures come out and attack. *shudder* After that, I felt at least three things brush my foot. One time, the seaweed wrapped around my foot and I kind of sort of maybe freaked out. Dinner was spaghetti. It was delicious. I slept really hard that night.

Day 3.
When I woke up, there was a bird screaming at me from the treetops above. I checked my watch and it was 5:30.


Needless to say, it was not fun. Anywho, that morning my parents went on a 2 hour kayaking trip around the lake, leaving us three kids to play games. When they got back, they told us about a rope swing that they had found. Immediately we went to find it. What we found was more than I had ever  expected. It was stunning. 
This is my paradise. 
The water was so clear and cool. It was almost too good to be true. We stayed out there for a long time, swimming and using the rope swing. It was like our own little cove. No one else was there, and it seemed almost untouched. It was absolutely gorgeous.

Day 4.
We woke up early, packed everything up, then went swimming again. It was wonderful. I usually ease myself into the water a little bit, letting myself get used to it before I just plow ahead, but this time, with no hesitation, I grabbed the rope swing and just jumped in. It was freezing for about one second, but then I got used to it and it was perfect. We spend a couple hours there before drying off, getting changed, and starting off on the 2 hour drive back home.

My brother brought a hammock, so half of the time I was lounging it, relaxing.


 Overall, those four days were a blast. The rope swing was so cool, and I am very glad we went. It was a much needed get-away. :)

Toodlepip

4 comments:

  1. Ohh, that sounds amazing! Except the hard time sleeping. Been there, done that. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast. :) And a hard time sleeping is never fun.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a blast! I've only ever been camping (as in, tent camping) once, and that time I did get one of the worst nights of sleep I've ever had, if not the worst. But it was fun, in a roughing-it kind of way;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love camping, but it isn't exactly the place for a good nights sleep. :)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)