Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My Narnia Obsession

For as long as I can remember, I've always had a Narnia obsession. The movies were my favorite for a long time. I loved the idea of being able to go to a different world at random, a world that seemed perfect at first and then was soon discovered to be much more dangerous. I think that's the root of the inspiration for my Mirror trilogy. It was that and the first episode where we meet Captain Hook on OUAT that really sparked the idea.
Lucy was my favorite when I was younger because I could relate to her the most. She was the youngest and was viewed as just that, the youngest, the weakest, the smallest, and she wanted more than anything to prove herself to her siblings.

But as time went on, Edmund became my favorite. He was the one who messed up, who made a big mistake, and was changed for the better because of it. He became such a great person, and he forgave himself, letting himself grow into an even stronger person. Not to mention he is a sass master.

Susan then became my favorite for a while because I was obsessed with archery at the time. I still like it, but I am no longer living and breathing it.

When Voyage of the Dawn Treader came out, I saw it in theaters, and it was awesome. Honestly, a lot of people say that they don't like the movies or that they ruined the books, but I will always love them. 
They were my favorite stories for a long time, and to this day I am hoping that one day I'll find Narnia. I know deep down that it isn't practical or real, but why the heck do I have to stop looking? Where's the harm? :)

Toodlepip

6 comments:

  1. I still haven't read/seen Narnia. I've been meaning too, but just haven't gotten around to it. I really should sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both the books and the movies. One of these days we should get together and have a huge movie marathon and watch all these movies we've talked about. That would be epic.

      Delete
  2. Narnia is epic. Absotivelyposolutely.

    And the gifs. The gifs made me happy;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Narnia is amazing. And the soundtrack!! It's so inspiring.

      Haha, when I found those gifs, I knew they would come in handy one day. :)

      Delete
  3. You are a fellow Narnian! Hurrah for Narnia!
    And I can confirm that you are not the only one who is still hoping to go to Narnia, even though people think it doesn't exist. "I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia", right??

    And you are a Once Upon a Time lover, I presume? (since you referenced it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Narnia will always seem like a second home to me. It is a wonderful legacy that C.S. Lewis has shared with the world.

      And yes, I am a very big fan of Once Upon a Time. Every Sunday. Like clockwork. Except now they're on break, and I am furious.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)