Tuesday, June 16, 2015

DC, H20, and POTO

I am super nervous but also really excited. I just finished the most cripplingly awkward conversation of all time I just got off the phone with a hair place. I am going to get my hair cut. For most people that might not be a big deal, but I haven't cut my hair in over two years. I'm excited to dye it though. It's going to be fun playing around with the different colors. I'm honestly really nervous that I won't like it, but at the same time I'm always too timid about these kinds of things. I'm telling myself that I'll love it when I don't actually know if I will.

Bethany is reading my first manuscript right now, and so far she likes it. She's only on Chapter 6. Already she has given awesome feedback and insight on the writing and characters. I kind of modeled one of the characters after her a little bit, so I'm excited to see what she thinks of the character. :)

I just watched the DC Legends of Tomorrow trailer. And may I say, IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! I am so excited for it to start though I wish it was airing sooner. I mean, they're bringing in Hawkgirl and even Arthur Duvall is going to be in it!! I can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

So my sister and I have been re-watching H2O: Just Add Water. She and I one day just looked at each other and thought, "You know what we haven't seen in ages?!" Now we're 3/4ths of the way through Season 3. This is such a fun, awesome show. When Bethany and I started re-watching it, my mother was convinced that it was a ridiculous, little girl show that wasn't worth our time. But now, after we've been watching it a lot, and she's seen a bit more of it, she's been asking questions and watching most of each episode. I think that's hilarious.
When Bethany and I watched the show for the first time (when I was around ten), I wanted to be like this one character (Rikki). Rikki was headstrong, short tempered, and unfailingly blunt, but as I'm re-watching this show with a better grasp on what I want to be and what makes good character, I'm realizing just how much I no longer want to be like that. She's more bratty now, and I realize that her quick temper is actually extremely stupid. I mean, most of the problems could be solved with better communication, understanding, and a bit of grace. But even through all that, it's a fun show.

A friend is having her graduation party as a Phantom of the Opera masquerade. I, for one, am over the moon with jovial and glorious merriment  excited. As soon as I heard the news, I started planning my costume. Now it's all planned out (no sewing or skirts required), and I am happy. I can't wait for the graduation to come. :) And no, I will not be sharing my costume details until the week of the party.

Toodlepip

4 comments:

  1. First things first. I think it's totally RAD that you are cutting/dying your hair! I have been dying my hair re(different colors) since I was fifteen and it gets easier every time. I've also made drastic hair cutting decisions- i.e the pixie cut. If I've learned anything during my hair adventures, it's that it's just hair. It grows back. You can always re-dye or fix the color if it doesn't work out. I'm actually about to do another crazy hair adventure, in a couple weeks. ;) I think I am going to be video-ing and making a youtube of the whole experience.

    Secondly.. YOU LIKE H20!!!!!???? AHHHHHHH!!!!! That is my second favorite TV show!!! I have watched it more then my favorite tv show! I did not like Cleo when I first started the show. Actually, Emma was my favorite in the beginning *cringes*. Then Rikki... And Cleo is my favorite character now, and has been. She's just so... awesome? Cool? sweet? quirky? SHE'S BASICALLY A WATERBENDER! My sisters and I just finished watching the latest season of Mako Mermaids, which was way better than the first season. We also, watched a little bit of the ANIMATED version on netflix!! it is pretty bad, but yet you still watch it... cuz it's h20! LOL!




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah? I've been a bit nervous (but really excited) to have it all done. And I one day want to try a pixie cut. I've always wanted one. And I guess it does make it a bit easier to know that it will always grow back or be able to be re-dyed.

      YESSS!!! That TV show is kind of a guilty pleasure. People I know talk about how they watched it when they were a little kid and I'm over here laughing nervously and nodding silently. I love this show! This is the third time I've watched it and it never gets old. It's good to heart that Season Two of Mako Mermaids is better. My sister and I started the first season but couldn't get all way through it. Though maybe we'll have to try the second season. I've seen the animated version and occasionally my mouse has hovered over it. One of these days I'll have to give it a go. :) I always miss H2O when I'm not watching it. It really is such a great show. :)

      Delete
  2. Best of luck with your hair! I'm sure it's gonna rock:D

    Ah, I've watched a little bit of H2O! I should watch some more, but I remember really liking it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping it all goes well.

      It's a great show, ridicules and cheesy at time, but great. :)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)