Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Favorites

                                                           Book
There's this book series that I've wanted to give a try for a while now. It's called Half Upon a Time. It is just...fun. It has a perfect blend of humor, adventure, action, and fantasy. Now I won't tell you my favorite parts.
                                            
I just finished the third book (it is a trilogy) and I am glad that I decided to read it. Plus, the author is so funny. He mentioned one of his books in one of his other books. His short little bio on the back of the books are clever. He reminds me of a sort of less quirky Lemony Snicket.
                   
                                                              Music
I found a song called Renegades by the X Ambassadors. I actually found it through a jeep commercial. When the commercial came on, I heard the background music, and I just had to find that song. It's kind of a hipster alternative rock, but it's super catchy and it is perfect for the theme song of this one character I'm writing about.

                                                             Character
My favorite character this month would be...hmm, can I pick my own characters? If so, then Anna. She is one that I really relate to, except she is a bit more extreme (okay fine, way more extreme) than I am. If I can't pick my own characters, then May. She's the heroine in Half Upon a Time. I find her really funny and quite sarcastic. Sarcastic characters are always fun, there were times where she was a bit too snarky, but overall, she was fun to read about.

                                       
                                                               Drink
A tea that my sister showed me how to make. It's really good, and I can't stop drinking it. It's a mixture of Stevia, Red Raspberry leaf, and Rooibos tea. The result is a delicious concoction that is sweet with a slight tang, and it is a perfect drink for a hot summer day.

                                                                 Food 
Well, that would be Chocolate Protein Pancakes. My sister showed me how to make these as well. They are a healthy and gluten free pancake. The only ingredients are mashed up banana, egg, and a scoop of chocolate protein powder. You mix those all together and there's your batter! I am kind of obsessed with them because they taste amazing, and I don't feel guilty about eating them.

                                                                  TV Show
Doctor Who. That's a bit of an obvious choice, but I had to say it. I've just missed Doctor Who a lot. I was so excited when I got the eighth season. It was a little weird for me at first, with the new Doctor and all. Once again, I won't post any spoilers, but I just want to say this, Peter Capaldi is awesome.

                                                                Movie
AGE OF ULTRON!!! This was one that I was ecstatic to see. I already knew that Spoilers: Pietro died. For some weird reason I had his name stuck in my mind as Pierre. That's odd. I also knew about the whole Bruce Nat thing, but luckily that didn't give away too much. Since I knew that Pietro died, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. "Is this is it?" I really wish he didn't die, but hopefully he'll come back. I mean, he's quick healing...right? And Doctor Cho had that cell regeneration machine... Does anyone else see where I'm going with this? End of Spoilers. I was still able to enjoy this movie immensely. I love Marvel movies.

Toodlepip
                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)