Happy Birthday!

My dear sister, today you turned 16. That's insane. It feels like just yesterday that you were 15 and carefree with no wrinkles or hobble in your step. Just kidding, you've always had the wrinkles and a hobble in your step. :)

I can't believe that my big sister is 16. She has been my best friend for a long time, and has always had my back.

I think it's kind of funny that she always has taken care of me from day one. I mean, when she was three and I was six months old, she was feeding me and like a little mother. Actually, for a while, I called her my second mother. I just hope that one day I can show her the love and support that she has always shown me.

Bethany's birthday was a blast. First off, we had chocolate pancakes. They were delicious. After that we went to a beach/hike. The hike was to get to the beach. And let me just say, it was beautiful. The water was such a consistent, deep blue, and the smell of the salt and seaweed was more than welcome, I've missed it a lot. We played around on the rocks and looked for sea anemones and beach glass. Then Bethany asked me to hold her camera for a bit, and as I did, I decided to snap a few pictures. I realized how much I love photography. Okay, to be fair, I don't love it enough to get a super expensive camera, but I really like it. A lot. I never thought that I was good at it, and it turns out, I'm not bad! After that, we just chilled on the beach  and I was able to work through a plot hole that I've been stuck on. It was awesome to be able to get out of the house and have a change of scenery to shake things up.

Next was the Chinese restaurant. The first one we tried was totally and completely sketch. It was super small and no one, and I mean no one, was there. Except for one dude behind the bar who was watching TV. It smelled like smoke and stale beer, so we decided not to eat there. Our alternative was wonderful. We tried a place called The Black Pearl, so they get bonus points for such an awesome name. The food was awesome too.

Then we headed back to the house to play games, have desert, and open presents.

For her birthday, I'm giving her the manuscript of my first novel. The novel is still in First Draft stage, but I think she should read it. I need someone in on the process and giving feedback. Plus she really wants to read it, and I really want her to read it, but at the same time I am super nervous. I hope it's okay!

Anywho, her birthday has been a lot of fun, and I better not miss out on a second of it.
Toodlepip

Comments