Thursday, April 16, 2015

New Music and Old

After finding all this new music (Thomas Bergersen, Peter Hollens, etc.) I had forgotten about The Last Goodbye a bit. I put my iPod on shuffle a couple hours ago and it began to play. It was really nice hearing it again. I don't know why I ever stopped listening to it. Billy Boyd is such a talented singer, and I'm really glad they brought him back in to sing that song. I think if it was done any other way, it wouldn't have been as emotional and kind of the last hurrah to The Hobbit.
When I was younger, it was my favorite book and so it was a real treat to see it made into movies. Then when the last one faded out, I was left really sad, not just because all those people died. (Spoilers: Kili!!!! Fili!! At least Bombur survived. Kili and Bombur were my favorite.) 
End of Spoilers
It was more of a sad because that was the last time that I would get to see my childhood favorite book alive on the screen. This post probably should have been right after I saw the movie, and I think I did have something like this, but listening to The Last Goodbye reopened that can of feels.

A couple friends of the family came over to crash for the night. No problem. Well, this morning Bethany shook me awake. It turns out that there was a woodpecker on our chimney, and it was super noisy. Apparently, it had woken up Bethany and the others with it's noise super early in the morning.
So I had to get up and help figure out a way to get rid of it. I was wide awake by 6:20 and wanting to shoot myself. I am not a morning person. I mean, I like being up early, but I don't like getting up early. I am exhausted right now.

I'm about to watch the latest Arrow episode, and I am so nervous. Spoilers: I am so scared for Roy. I mean, he's in prison. I don't want him to get hurt or die or anything. End of Spoilers: Then again, I don't want anyone to die. So let's just take everyone and wrap them in bubble-wrap, yeah? How 'bout that, people.

I'm feeling really comfortable and awesome with the amount of writing I'm doing each day. I think it's balanced really well with all my other stuff.
Speaking of other stuff, I finally finished the Downton Abbey theme on piano. It was fun to learn and I'm excited to choose the next song that I'm going to learn. Anywho, better run.

Toodlepip



2 comments:

  1. I propose a Bubble-Wrap Brigade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a worthy cause. I'll get started on looking for donations. Goodness knows that we're not going to have enough money for all the bubble-wrap needed to protect our beloved characters.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)