Trip to the Coast of Stars

I am back from a weekend trip to the Washington coast to visit some family. At first I thought I might be too sick to go, but then I woke up on Thursday (the day we left) well enough to go. The drive was beautiful and refreshing to have a change of scenery, especially as we drove along the waters edge, and the sun was so bright on the water. When we got to our grandma's house it was really cool seeing everyone who was there. That night we pretty much just hung out and talked around the bonfire that had been started.
On Saturday we went to Insurgent at their local movie theater. It was good, not as good as the first movie, but good. I haven't read the book, and frankly, I don't really care to anymore. Bethany said that it kind of went downhill from there, so I don't want to really become invested just to end on a sour note, as well as I know how it all ends. That night we all went for a walk on the beach at night. It was very dark. In that area they have bears, so when we were walking to the beach we were all on edge a bit. My aunt and brother were constantly making jokes of "What was that?" and throwing rocks in the bushes so it would rustle. When we got to the beach it was beautiful. There were more stars than I had ever seen before. They should call it the Coast of Stars.

            "The stars were bright and twinkling. They winked at us as we walked. The sound of the                     water crashing over the sand mingled with the howling of wind rushing past out ears and                     dancing through our hair." -Description of our walk to our grandmother who stayed behind.

My grandmother owns a Foosball table. I've never really been a Foosball person, and I had played only a couple times before this trip, but when I was coerced into playing a match with my cousin, I began to see why people like this game so much. Soon I was asking everyone to play, and my hands began to get a little sore from playing it so much. It was awesome.

It was a wonderful trip filled with bonfires, foosball matches, and clam chowder. I love going down and seeing everyone that lives down there.

Anywho, I haven't seen the latest Arrow, and I am nervous to. Supposedly someone is going to die. Arrg, the speculation is what is killing me. I need to watch the episode and expect the worst.

Toodlepip

Comments

  1. I love how you casually go from 'dancing through our hair' to 'our grandma owns a fooseball table'.
    Also, clam chowder. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)

Popular Posts