Friday, March 6, 2015

12 Years a Slave

I finally watched the movie that was the buzz of 2014. It was one of the biggest movies last year.
12 Years A Slave. It was really good. It didn't seem to sugarcoat it or make it seem glamorous like Hollywood tends to do. No, this movie was raw, thought provoking, and stunning. Whoever directed the movie was a genius. They used the spaces so brilliantly that they didn't become a filler, they became the pregnant blanks that are so important in writing as well. The picture was painted with no words or hardly anything, but yet was still powerful. I think we forget how horrible humans can be. It's a strong message of how we need Christ so desperately.

I'm about halfway done with the Downton Abbey theme on piano. It's a lot of fun once you get the left hand mastered.

Well, I finished my third book. I wrote a ton today. It's been non-stop since I woke up. It feels amazing. I am so excited.

My grandmother is coming in two hours. We hardly see her because she lives really far away, and she will be staying for the weekend. I'm excited to see her and share my progress, as well as just catch up with her and hang out. It should be a lot of fun. :)
When she's here, we'll watch Million Dollar Arm. It's a movie that I have wanted to see since it came out.

Well, Toodlepip



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. It's lonely here in my little cave. (I need friends)