Weekend Trip

My mother, sister, and I just got back from a little mini-vacation. It was a lot of fun, a bit confusing as plans changed, but overall it was a blast.
We started out driving to the library, that's how I knew the trip was going to be awesome. We picked up a book that I have been waiting for and gushing about and in general freaking out. It was the Island of Shipwrecks, and I read it in like, an hour. So I now have to wait another five or six months for the next one. Hey, I've waited longer for things.

Anyway, we picked up that book and then hit the freeway. Bethany and I watched a movie together, it was called 13 going on 30. It was a chick flick, so not my usual genre of films, but it was a cute and funny movie. I thought that it had a good message woven in among the chick-flick-ness. I'm glad I saw it.
After that we were about an hour away from our destination, and I decided to crank out some tunes. I plugged in my iPod to the car's port thingie and played some music. We were all singing and having a good time. We arrived to at the friend's house and unpacked our stuff. That evening was spent hanging out, watching Big Hero 6 again (which I loved), and playing some games. Then we all got ready for bed and settled down for the night. It was weird, we went to bed at 11:00-ish, but ended up actually going to sleep at 3:00. I haven't done that in ages. It was really nice to be able to talk about anything and everything. I had a lot of fun.

The next morning we ate breakfast, finished Big Hero 6, and hung out a bit more. I was sad to leave, especially since we don't get to see them that often, but distance makes the heart grow fonder, right? 
We were back on the road, blasting tunes once again. We made a stop at Ikea for lunch and to browse. I had never been to an Ikea before and it was magical. Bethany and I actually hid in one of the showers that they had and waited until someone opened 'em. We imagined it being a lot more funny, but it was still hilarious and awkward. The victims were a good sport about it, so that was good.

I am tired, hungry, and ready to get some writing done.
Toodlepip

Comments