Second Book First

The Downten Abbey theme song is a hard song to learn, at least for me. I have never been very coordinated, and piano has been challenging that and forcing me to confront it, but I shall press on.

I did something I have never done before today. I skipped the first book. Allow me to explain. Among my large haul from the library was a book series that I have been wanting to try out for a while. I've always seen the third book on the shelves and been intrigued. I was finally able to find the first book and begin to read it. The beginning was good, but the farther I got into the book, the more and more it felt forced and dry. I was halfway through, and it still felt like I was waiting for it to start. So, I put it back in the pile, deciding that I would rather occupy my time with better books. On a whim I picked up the second book. After reading the first chapter, I was hooked. It immediately set you right in the middle of what was going on, and it was like a puzzle that you didn't have all the pieces to yet. You just HAD to continue. So I am now finished with the second book and making my way through the third. To be honest, I'm glad I skipped the first.
Just in case you're wondering, the book series was titled Shield, Sword, and Crown. 

I just remembered that we have Vanilla Chai Tea. For the past two month I've been without my favorite tea, and it has been sad. I am very happy to have found it again. My one and only love, Vanilla Chai tea.

My books that I bought on the 3rd haven't come yet. I checked on amazon, and the estimated time of arrival is somewhere between the fifteenth and the twenty-seventh. What? Why? Well, I know why, but I don't have to be happy about it. I'm really excited for when they come.

Well, I have a lot to do today, better go.
Toodlepip

Comments