85,000 Is A Lot

This morning was a bit odd. My brother stayed home from school, and it took me a while to remember that it was President's Day and that's why he wasn't gone. Then, on top of him being home all day, we had a sit-down breakfast (which we never seem to do anymore) with pancakes, eggs, and sausages. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome morning, but it was odd.

I got a new computer. Well, it's new to me. My dad got a new computer because the software he needed for his business didn't support the computer that he had, so I got his old one! It's really different. The computer that I used only had Notepad for writing, and it wasn't even able to connect to the internet anymore. It was really nerve-racking to use it because it could literally crash at any moment. I had to constantly save my work to a USB stick to ensure that I didn't lose it. It was a weird computer, but the one I now have has internet, Microsoft, and so many other things that I needed. I am very excited to have it.

Because of the new computer, I put my novels into a Word document. I found out that for my first novel, I have 85,000 words! Holy cow, I was not expecting that many. My jaw hit the floor when I saw that. For the novel that I'm writing right now, I have 46,000, and I'm only 2/3rds of the way done. Needless to say, I am very excited.

My math has been surprisingly easy lately. I'm feeling good about it. I know that doesn't seem very note-worthy, but I usually feel about as confidant in math as a hippo trying to ice-skate.
                                                               ****Next day..****

I'm getting more and more excited to edit my novel. I've done some light editing on my NaNoWriMo novel, but other than that, I haven't done much. I'm super excited to see what the finished product will be. Of course, I do expect to have to edit it more than once.
It's funny, I've been reading over my finished novel, and I am happy to say, it's not rubbish. I mean, bit's of it are, as is expected, but surprisingly, I'm not disgusted with it.

Oops, I'm supposed to be making dinner.
Toodlepip


Comments

Popular Posts