Book Themes and Nerdy T-shirts

Yes! Three episodes in three days (I could do more but we've been pretty busy.). I'm glad that Bethany is enjoying Sherlock. We just finished "The Great Game". I had forgotten the cliffhanger that it leaves you at. It's pretty intense. Well, not as intense as other things later on, but hey, it's still pretty intense. :)

I've heard a lot about a book called Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25, and yesterday I finally got to reading it. It had an interesting plot, but I found the characters to be...shallow. The dialogue was good, a bit dry at times, but good, and I didn't quite like the lack of description. For some books it works, but I don't think it did for this one. It was an interesting book, but not my favorite.

Oddly enough, I want to read Twilight. I'm not a fan of the whole love triangle...teenage romance thing, but it's a very popular book, whether that be a bad thing or a good thing. I don't want to judge it without reading it, and I have heard that the writing is really good. I don't know if I actually will. Probably not. :)

I'm going to continue the book theme of this post, and talk about a book that is very near and dear to my heart. Well, it's a series actually, but nonetheless. It's called The Dragon Keeper series. It's a really silly series. The first book is "The Dragon in the Sock-drawer." The next book is "The Dragon in the Driveway." and so on. You get the idea. I think the age target is...8-10. And I found it when I was ten, so it's okay, but then the third book was published, and I was eleven by then. I was already out of the age range. Now the fifth book was just published, and I finished it a couple hours ago. They really are silly books, but I still love 'em.

Yesterday Bethany gave me an old journal thing of her's that has really funky paper in it. She didn't have the heart to throw it out because it looked cool, so I got it. Today I finished putting my random ticket stubs, notes, and pictures in it. I now have a scrapbook! It may seem like a very insignificant thing for someone to have, but all of my life I have been very sentimental (not so much lately). And with that sentimental personality comes the ticket stubs, notes, and random pictures that I don't have the heart to throw away. My life becomes cluttered by said items, and I don't know what to do with them. Well now I do! I can just scrapbook 'em! So yes, very monumental.

Oh! I got a Ravenclaw t-shirt today!!! I ordered it a couple of weeks ago with my Christmas money. It fits perfectly, and I love it!! That makes a total of...four nerdy t-shirts. My collection is becoming complete. I just need a DW t-shirt and I'll be good. :)

Well, it's time for dinner.
Toodlepip


Comments